We had annual dentist appointments. Gavin has some major issues - overbite, grinding, teeth too tight together - the list goes on... But, we are still 100% for no cavities. Praise the Lord for that. I'm pretty sure they get that from their daddy as I have more fillings in my mouth than I care to admit!

This boy brings me so much joy. He is incredible and sweet and funny and always so so happy. Here, he's hanging out in his favourite place, the pantry.
Chelsea's insane growth spurt (we bought her size 11 indoor shoes for Kindergarten in Sept, then 12 in Dec, 13 in Feb and just yesterday size 1) meant that we had to retire the princess bike (with 16" tires) and upgrade. Here she is proudly showing her 20" bike. I was a little leery that it might be too big, but she has mastered it.
Mastered it despite the fact that there was still snow on the ground. Grrrr... this is spring, right??
Gavin continues to amaze me. Yup, I'm that annoying bragging mom. He is just so smart. He loves reading. I'd say about 50% of our daily conversations involve him reading, asking how to spell something, or asking what words say. Please don't think he's got it all together. He's incredibly, frustratingly, annoyingly helpless when it comes to physical tasks such as getting dressed, putting a jacket or boots on or wiping his bum. I wonder if I will ever miss hearing, "Moooooom, I'mmmm dooone!" He just doesn't even attempt these tasks or if he does, it always ends in tears.
Always happy. No joke.
First time on a swing. Eli loves being outside, which is great, because we are outside a lot. Hopefully it warms up this week.
These two have quite the relationship already. Eli loves chasing Gavin and wrestling and playing with him. Gavin is so good about it too, for the most part. It melts my heart to see them already enjoying each other.
We spend a lot of time together. I adore his squishy-ness.
Grandma Pat came out for a few days. Can I just say how much easier life is with an extra adult around? Sigh. It was blissful even. I was able to go grocery shopping during nap time. I was able to quickly run to a store without buckling three car seats. I had someone to hold the baby while I dealt with the other two. I had adult conversation. It was amazing.
But, as with every visit, eventually we have to say goodbye. Chelsea finds it the hardest. I'm pretty sure Gavin thinks Grandma is still out shopping somewhere.
Alright, now I realize this post is more for my mom and I, but hey, there you go. An update. I promise I'll be back sooner next time!

No comments :
Post a Comment