Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My new kitchen

Now, before I start, let me preface this by saying, "yes, a yellow kitchen is beautiful" and "I know there is nothing wrong with this colour" and "Yes, I know my house is only 2 1/2 years old and I'm repainting." Okay, anything else?

That being said, here are the pictures! I LOVE how it turned out.

Before
and after.
Before (this is from when we bought this house - this is not my stuff).
and after...
A before shot of the dining room, complete with a half naked 3 year old.
And after.
The back wall and the wall with the stairs are actually a darker shade. The best part about this whole transformation is that it was done by Student Works Painting. I did nothing. NADA. And it was done in one day. One day! No clean up. So easy.
I've got an idea for art that I want in the dining room, and I'm sure some big toys will be migrating back upstairs, and well, let's be honest, this is the cleanest my kitchen will ever be.
I love it. What do you think?

16 comments :

  1. The kitchen is absolutely beautiful. Who painted it and how can I get in contact with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did say that Student Works Painting did paint the kitchen. I don't feel comfortable leaving the girl's name and phone number on here, but I can gladly email it to you, if you give me your email. Or call Alex at 1 800 665-4992.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look great! Good choice on the color :)
    Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I thought that I liked the yellow, but I like the gray waaay better! It looks like a very cool (meaning temperature cool, not snazzy cool) bluish-gray. Awesome choice! And the refinished white dresser in the dining room looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. i might be the only person who thinks the yellow was awesome. my last two kitchens have been yellow and i love yellow in the kitchen. that being said, it looks really nice with all the dark countertops. The blue-grey totally changes the look of the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you said you were going from yellow to grey, I thought "Why? Why, God?!? Why would she do that?!?" lol. But I see why, it looks so clean and simple and fresh. More blue than grey in the pictures, hey? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Kitchen Amanda. Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! It looks great! I love how fresh is looks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! In the pictures the blue/grey color makes the kitchen appear more open than it was. Looking forward to seeing it in person
    Good Choice!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow i am amazed at how different your kitchen and dining room look with the new color!! I mean i loved the yellow too but the new color looks awesome!!
    I can't wait to see it in real!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the phone number. Will call them.

    ReplyDelete