Let me first state that private blogs annoy me. I hate having to log in all the time, even though I click the "remember me" little box. I also hate that my blog feed reader that tells me when someone has updated their blog can't read private blogs, so I have to check each private blog individually to see if it's been updated.
I've loved having a public blog, but it seems the trend lately is for private blogs. There are advantages, sure. Every once in a while I wonder about posting all the pictures that I do, but most of the time, I'm okay with it.
Right now though, I'm just so nosey. I like knowing who is reading my blog and lately I've been getting a lot of hits from Newdale and Neepawa. I'm curious who is reading. Come on - if you've been lurking, introduce yourself! Don't be shy! I want to know who is reading! (This applies to everyone - not just those from those two towns!)
I agree on some levels that private blogs are annoying (although I do have one) I just find it nicer to know who's looking and that I don't have to be careful with what I post. But it's also fun when people come out of the woodwork and "show" their face. You meet neat people that way!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean... I'm always debating between private and public... I don't want perverts looking at pictures of our kids. But, I enjoy sharing... more with strangers than with people I know it seems... grin.
ReplyDeleteI AM A LURKER :)
ReplyDeleteI came across your blog one day and just randomly decided to follow it.... lol!
ReplyDeleteI often wonder the same thing, because I can see that people pop back and forth between your blog and mine, and I wonder if it's someone that we both know, or someone that knows you and knows I'm your sister, or someone that only knows you and is interested in the crazy person that is me...
I strongly dislike private blogs.. :)
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean, Amanda. I really miss having a public blog. I miss the new people I got to meet, the lurkers who are harmless, and then the family who actually took the time to check on our blog when it was easily accessible... ok, I'm going back to make mine public for a little bit. You've convinced me. ;)
ReplyDeletei'm reading!
ReplyDeleteI read your blog. Your blog was a link on two or three other blogs that I read, so I decided to check it out!
ReplyDeleteI love your Blog. I also found it through a link from another blog I read.
ReplyDeleteI'm a Mom of five children and live in Minnedosa.
Just sayin' hi!
ReplyDeletePS: Word verification "degra". As in... Only a degra wouldn't double check the start time of a wedding she's invited to!
Hi Amanda,
ReplyDeleteLove reading your posts about the pregnancy's. Mother of 3 in Altona who has ordered a cake from you in the past. Can understand your need for privacy though I enjoy the posts!
I read...mostly because you're quite hilarious :)
ReplyDeleteI definitely read your posts. Feels like I'm out for coffee with you, even though it's only a one-sided conversation.
ReplyDeletehey,
ReplyDeletei saw it on facebook and checked it out. it's great to see what is going on in your life. love the story about the poop.
Although my comments have been missing lately...I'm still reading!!! And I'm sorry for the inconvenience of my private blog...lol
ReplyDeleteI do! I sure am glad because I found an aweosme cake maker! I also love reading about your kids.
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed following your blog... found thru another friend... Have enjoyed seeing the cakes you have created. You do amazing work... you are very talented.
ReplyDeleteS.
I've checked you blog a few times b/c I started to follow you creative cakes blog and wanted to "meet" the talented lady behind it all. Your cakes rock!
ReplyDeleteI have lurked for quite some time, but you already know that because you have permissions to my blog. I miss having a public blog, but my husband does not! He didn't like it when I would put stuff on my blog in regards to what we were doing and going. Hope you can make the right decision for you.
ReplyDelete