He was simply too quiet. It was one of those moments where I felt like I should check on him. So, I stopped washing dishes and saw him coming around the corner.
He was not happy when I took the powder away.
But soon realized that he could now make snow angels inside. Score!
Better run!
Uh oh. Mama isn't happy.
Sigh. It only got worse when I looked around the corner. How can it be so bad in such a short amount of time?

And that, folks, was my Monday morning. How's yours going?
At least it wasn't liquid tempera in the carpet. Been there. This too shall pass.
ReplyDeleteOh.. you poor thing. I don't know how kids can make such a mess in such a short time. When our daughter Ariel was around 2, having a 'nap' in the playpen at Grandma's I found her, the playpen, and Grandma's nightstand covered in Vaseline. She had climbed out of the playpen to get it, started playing with it, then decided to climb back into her playpen to continue :-).
ReplyDeleteMine is going much the same way, although my mess was contained to a smaller area so I think overall your situation was worse for cleanup.
ReplyDeleteI woke up and went into the nursery to find that Liam had taken off his sleeper and opened a tab on his diaper. He had a HUGE mushy poop in there so it was all over his legs and hands and his sheets. Luckily the crib seemed mostly untouched. I picked him up and cleaned him up with wipes as best I could then ran a bath. While I was running the bath he peed on the floor and then slipped on it. After he was clean and clothed I changed the poopy sheets on his bed and wiped down the crib.
I hope the rest of your monday goes better!
ha, ha. What a story in pictures.
ReplyDeleteHe is so loveable.
I was making lunch when Declan zoomed up in his walker and caught me in the ankle, causing me to slice a big chunk out of my finger, and then when I tried to catch the knife I stabbed myself in the baby belly. And yet I still think your morning was worse, ha!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry, but I had to laugh at the picture of your living room. And I think it's awesome you took pictures - I might not have thought that far! lol.
ReplyDeleteWell, at least life at home isn't dull, huh?
I was just venting to my friend telling her that my one year old wrote ALL over our new cream leather couch with a blue pen. She sent me this link for a smile! Hope our days get better :)
ReplyDeleteLynda
I am SO glad you grabbed the camera!
ReplyDeleteI love reading these stories don't you! So often we feel like we are alone in our daily adventures/struggles and can often get down on ourselves in the process. To know that others are or have been in the same boat is so freeing and allows us to find the humor in such situations. Madelyn did this with oatmeal when she was one...much easier to clean up than powder but just as much fun to make angels in too! Thanks for sharing the pics and the adventures of your little angel :-)
ReplyDeleteHA!!!! Luv it!
ReplyDeleteI will take powder on the floor over shit in the crib any day...as my kids were so fond of doing when they were in diapers lol
Go GAVIN!!!!
Oh goodness! I would way rather clean up baby powder then crap and puke anyday...........lol
ReplyDeleteGlad you could get the pics of this!
Memories that you can laugh at!
I'm trying very hard to contain myself!! :)
ReplyDeletehave peed myself looking at these pictures, Kate read the commentary. It was hilarious. Thanks for causing us amusement. Sorry you had a rough Monday morning!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you for taking pictures! Too funny, and maybe once the dust settles (and gets vaccummed up), you'll laugh too!!
ReplyDeleteOh my!! OH MY!! I am sitting here and laughing, sorry! Dylan still hasn't done that to me (knock on wood), but I am sure it is coming. When my bro was 3, he dumped the big Tupperware juice pitcher - full of purple Koolaid - on brand new carpeting!
ReplyDelete