I like lists, so this might be fairly random.
1. I don't really believe in new year's resolutions. I am a big believer in "Do or do not. There is no try." I don't believe in putting things off until a certain date because there will always be another temptation or another event or another situation that you can use as an excuse to postpone starting for a little longer. Just do it! Even if it is May 4th, or August 12th or September 25th. Make the change!
2. In 2011, I will turn 30. I'm excited. I'm hoping it means a big party. As much as I don't like surprises, I have a feeling I'll just have to accept them this year. This is especially true because I surprised my husband with a day of eating, skydiving and movie watching with his buddies for his 30th. A few of my friends are upset at turning 30, but I found turning 25 WAY harder. Granted, on my 25th birthday we were still dealing with the news that we wouldn't be able to have our own children, but still, for me, 25 was hard. I'm embracing 30!
3. I love baking. There's just something so domestic about it. Now I should clarify, this doesn't include baking cakes for decorating. That's so boring already. Cupcakes are more fun than cakes, but I'm talking baking cookies, dainties, cake balls, muffins, etc. The problem is that my family really doesn't eat baking, although my kids have started to eat some muffins. Carrot is definitely the favourite at the moment.
4. As a way of celebrating my weight loss and my milestone birthday, I've booked the amazing Tiff from tlp photography for a photo shoot at the beginning of Feb. It'll be lots of fun with different outfits and accessories and fun locations. I'm so pumped for this. Now I'm just in need of clothes/dresses in my size! I'm having a hard time not going crazy with shopping, but money is just tight right now, so I'm having to really restrain!
5. 2011 is starting off on a very prayerful note. Many of you know that Chris's mom was diagnosed with uterine cancer on the 23rd. We are believing for a complete healing! She had her surgery on the 6th and the doctors were pleased to find less cancer than they were expecting. We are praising God for that! We are now praying for a quick recovery and more and more healing. We are awaiting test results to see if she will need to undergo chemo and radiation, but again we are fully believing that she is healed.
I know for a fact that I have never ever prayed for anything for so long and so much in my life. I have been pressing in and praising and worshipping constantly. So, although this has been a rotten time for me in some ways, it was a definite wake up call in others. Please join me with your prayers.
6. I am not a winter girl. This is no secret. I'm finding January to be dragging along. I cannot wait for it to warm up. I am always freezing. We pulled out the electric blanket the other day and really, I experience so much joy climbing into a nice warm bed every night. We just switch it on when we're getting ready for bed, brushing teeth, etc and it is soooo toasty.
7. Everyday, I am reminded by how amazing my friends are. I love that I've surrounded myself with people who inspire me to become a better person. Everyday, I feel accepted and loved and this is very much what I need right now.
8. My tastes have changed so much since dramatically changing my eating. I used to wake up every morning craving a diet Coke. I haven't had any pop since Sept. 24th. I used to use Ranch dressing on everything - chicken, veggies, grilled cheese (I know, sounds gross), salad, etc and now my stomach churns looking at it. I LOVE oil and vinegar salad dressing made with just plain grapeseed oil, white vinegar and sea salt. I rarely use any kinds of sauces on my food and I really love eating. Crazy, I know.
9. I'm taking part in a wedding night at Bloom. I am so excited, but scared at the same time! I've never done anything like this! Plus, really, how many more cakes can I take on?? Oh well, it'll be a fun night!
10. I'm so in love with this little boy. The first picture is amazing and totally captures G. The monkey, the book, the lips! Love it!!

11. Last random point - I'm so stinkin' cold. My feet and hands are always freezing. I don't know how to remedy this!
Good night all. What a random post!
1. I don't believe in New Years resolutions either. The rest of #1 could totally apply to me. I will try to not get a big head and assume that it does. ;)
ReplyDelete2. I can't believe you're going to be 30!! You're my YOUNGER sister. I could tell that turning 30 was going to be hard on me, but God intervened and distracted me through that time. He gave me hope when I really, really was going to need it.
3. I'm not big into baking. Do you make carrot pineapple muffins? Those are so yummy!
4. THAT IS SO EXCITING!!! You totally deserve it!! I can't wait to see those pictures!
5. I've been praying for her too.
6. I prefer winter over summer. Lately I've been getting cold at night. Sometimes I get cold enough to use my superwarmsoftfuzzy blanket (like your brown one) and I actually sleep with it for a couple/three hours. Otherwise it's just my one comforter with no sheet.
7. Yay! Amazing friends rock.
8. I'm going to try your dressing tomorrow. Expect me to ask you how much of what do you put in - is the vinegar and oil the same amount or is it more of one than the other?
9. Well, really, I don't think you're at all very busy. You SHOULD add on extra work. ;)
10. I MISS HIM!! I've missed out on so much with him. Hopefully I can come down in February, but he won't have a clue who I am.
11. Two words. Bed socks. Greatest thing ever. (Of course, that's just at bedtime. Otherwise you have to wear socks/slippers/whatever.) I no longer wake up when I take my bed socks off in the middle of the night. I roll them into a ball and put them in the same place without waking up. It's great!
12. I was supposed to be blogging myself. This took up all my 'blogging time'. Thanks.
It's a great post and cute pics of your guy. I will keep your mother in-law in my prayers.. I believe in healing also. I am not a winter girl either so if you find a remedy for cold and hands let me know. I am actually allergic to the cold now, seems crazy that it's even possible but yeah for the last 9 months I get a itchy rash when I get cold.
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't mind me always commenting, lots of people read blogs and never comment. I'm a commenter :-).
1. You were talking to me, huh? lol
ReplyDelete2. I found 27 the scarriest. I dreaded it...and now I am almost 28 and not scared anymore. 30 will be fabulous.
3.I love baking but hate dishes. No...DETEST dishes, so that stops me from baking often. I lik your mini nuffins. :)
4.tlp photography? Never heard of her....how is she?
5. prayers, prayers, prayers!
6. Winter should last 6 weeks. Enough time to have fun but short enough for us not to get sick of it. Arrange that please Amanda!
7. I like my "Friends" too! It's a journey to find the people that you need..and equally need you, so once you have them don't let them go. ;)
8.Hmmm.....I could eat sauce with a spoon.
9. I'm SO excited for you!!!!!
10. Awww....what GORGEOUS photos! Beautiful boy and amazing photography...is this the tlp photography you spoke of? Wow, she's amazing!
11. Time to bake in socks and mitts!