Thursday, it rained and poured and rained some more. We slept in and then we hit the outlet malls. We left the mall and went to Mexicali Rose for lunch. It was amazing. Then, back to the malls, where my husband got very excited when he saw a certain store. Now, my husband isn’t a shopper, so when he gets excited, I try to share in it, and tell myself that if he wants to buy something, go with it, because really he doesn’t shop much, ever. So, back to us, casually walking through the mall, bags in hand and he veers off to dash into this store.
Now, I know my husband and I’m thinking electronics store, pet store, or toy store – it’s true. But alas, it’s the Corelle store. Corelle. Dishes. Yup. You see, Chris HATES the last set of dishes I bought. I bought a whole set of ceramic stoneware dishes that are beautiful, but honestly, aren’t practical. They get sooooo hot in the microwave and yes, I admit it is terrible. He also hated the first set that we had for the same reason. They were black plates that I had gotten when I moved out of home. Again, same thing with getting hot, plus we didn’t have enough. So he was soooo happy to enter a whole store of Corelle dishes. Corelle is what my mom uses (white with the green flowers on the edge – what do your mom’s look like?). He was going to just buy the plain white ones, but we picked out these ones together. Here’s hoping that these are the dishes that I will collect for the rest of my life, because I’m done with trying to find some plates that I love.

Thursday night, we went to a family-style restaurant for supper and then we had tickets to go see the Rick Wilcox magic show. It was amazing and worth every penny. We were so stumped on so many of his tricks and illusions. It was very well done and Chris and I are still talking about some of the stunts.
After the magic show, we headed back downtown and took in the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum and the 4D movies. Ripley's was better than we expected with some pretty neat displays.
This was a man hanging from a telephone pole, being chased by a dog (not pictured), but it was all made out of scraps and trash. I thought it was pretty cool.
This picture is actually carved out of toast. It was so cool. Makes me want to attempt something like this when I'm making breakfast.
And, here we are sporting our oh-so-sexy 3D glasses. We actually got to watch all 4 of the 4D movies because one of the workers really liked us, so she let us stay for the extra 2 shows for free. A 4D movie is really neat because not only are you watching the 3D movie, but you are able to smell things, or feel things that are happening in the movie. Most of the movies involved us getting sprayed with water or poked in the back which did get a little old.
We bought a pizza from Walmart for supper and then we went downtown one more time to buy some fudge to bring home. There are approximately 18 places to buy fudge in the Dells, in case you are wondering. Turns out we should have bought way more than we did because both Chelsea and Gavin loved it.
Coming home was great. We got home at about 7 on Saturday night, after leaving at 5:30 in the morning. Chelsea ran outside and dramatically yelled "Mama!! Did you bring me a Barbie toy?" and Gavin, well, he walked across the driveway straight to Chris. That's right... walked. When we left, he was taking 2-3 steps, but now, he's a walking man. I love it!
And that's our trip. Soon this blog will be back to boring ol' posts about regular life and my kiddies. Exciting, isn't it?
Sounds like it was a great trip! GLad it was such a good time for you guys!!!! Totally makes me want to go kid free once too :)
ReplyDeleteNice! I like your new dishes set - mine, as you know, has blue hearts on them. I didn't realize there was that much stuff to do there - Ripley's, the magic show, etc, etc. I keep meaning to google the Dells to find out how big it is. How big is it?
ReplyDeleteLove the updates, I definitely did not see Chris heading to a Corelle store... funny!
ReplyDeleteI grew up with my mom's corelle dishes that had the gold designs on it. Very retro 70s. She's since added a new corelle set with the blue trim.
*I* have the Corelle with the little green flowers! Hand me downs, of course. :D
ReplyDeleteJosh shops the same way - in fact, he often steps on my heels (literally) because he's so close behind me. I gave up shopping with him a few years ago. Sucks the fun right out of it!
Amanda - I loved hearing about your trip! It sounded like you guys had a really great time! Love the new dish set - we also use corel - hand me downs from my parents (they have an "arizona" type pattern on their new corel dishes) - so ours are just plain white. What were you reading?
ReplyDeleteThe dish story is oddly enought the same story here! I got black dishes when i was 16 and they were the ones we used although my Dh hated them! Then i picked out a bone stoneware set that gets the plate unbearably hot when microwaved but the food stays cold! He says he's picking out our new set! I love the pattern you picked! My mom has white with country blue and it doesn't stop with the plates! She also has the glasses to match!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a perfect trip! Lots of sun, one down day-perfect for shopping and a whole lot of good eats!
My mom has those Corelle dishes.. the exact same ones. :) Glad you had such a great trip - slightly jealous ;)
ReplyDeletemy mom has those corelle dishes also!!! lol she has had them for like 15 years i kid you not! i just recently decided to get them as i was finding the heavier ones also hot from the microwave. i just bought plain ones though as they can go with anything!
ReplyDeleteHey Amanda,
ReplyDeleteSo I checked thinking there might be pictures of Tinkertown (I love tinkertown and can't wait to take Janessa) anyhow to my surprise there were lots of blogs about your trip. Sounds like a great time!! So glad you and Chris had fun and I like the new dishes. Thanks for sharing
Kim
Sounds like such a great place to go!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait until we go in a couple of years!
Must have been so sweet seeing Gavin walking when you got home!