It was a great, sunny, hot day, which unfortunately meant lllllooooonnnnnnggggg lines. Seriously, in the morning, we hit 3 slides in just over 2 hours. LONG lines. It was atually kind of fun because we kept running into a few of the same people, but it was really discouraging to spend most of the day in lines. We did eventually find a few of the slides that the lines went really quickly, so we enjoyed those ones, but we didn’t (praise the Lord) get to hit up The Scorpion’s Tail because the line was averaging about an hour and a half for the 15 second slide. I’m very relieved because that slide scared the bejeabers out of me. You stand in this little tiny cylinder, a voice counts down from 3 and the floors falls away from under you and you free fall until you go upsidedown through a loop. Seriously, so glad the lines were long for that one!
Monday night, we headed over to Field's at the Wilderness for supper.
Chris had a steak with blue cheese and peppers that he drooled over the entire time.
Chris convinced me to order the surf'n'turf. The lobster, shrimp, and steak were fantastic, but the scallops were definitely not my favourite.
We skipped out on dessert and headed downtown to more of the shops. There was so much to see downtown. I'll leave you tonight with a picture of my knight in shining armour...
Nice! I didn't realize that the floor drops away from you in the Scorpion's Tail.
ReplyDeleteAnd I really like your "knight in shining armor".
That sucks that your lineups were so long! Did you spend any time in the wave pool?
ReplyDeleteThe meal looks sooo yummy :P
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had a great time despite the lines...although those are much easier to wait in with no kids! lol
Looks like a fabulous dinner! I could barely even read about the scorpions tail...I'm glad you didn't go on it too, hate to have you crap your pants on vacation! lol
ReplyDeleteYeah that slide does not sounds like fun at all!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that the lines were long on that one too........lol
Supper looks amazing!