***
Sunday, Chelsea had a few weird blistery things on the back of her neck. Right away I suspected chicken pox, because she had been complaining of a headache for two days and had a fever the night before. Sure enough, as the day went on, more and more spots appeared.
These pictures were taken Tuesday morning. Since then, we've seen more spots and these ones have gotten a lot more fierce looking. Through this all, and I know we're still in the first few days, she has been amazing. She complains more about the headache than the itching. She only started complaining a bit about the itching this afternoon after her nap. She's since had two oatmeal baths. Bedtime tonight was a little rough, but all in all, I think she's doing great!
If there ever was a perfect time for C to get chicken pox, this is it. We had nothing planned this week and I'm not working yet, so we're getting in lots of cuddle time. We are praying for a quick recovery (with no scarring!).
** Update - well, this sucks. I've been up since 2 with a girl who can't sleep because she's itchy. We've watched some Mickey mouse clubhouse for the past few hours. I'm hoping she crashes soon. It doesn't itch when you sleep, right?? I'm going to be soooo tired tomorrow!
Aww... poor girl... and poor Mommy.
ReplyDeleteAt least she seems to be taking it fairly well.
I hope you get some rest and that the itching starts to lessen soon. But you're right, the timing is pretty good, if there is such a thing as good timing for sickness! :)
ReplyDeleteHope your week goes okay.
oh man, i shoulda brought caden over in the early stages of her pox. i want him to get them. He hasn't been immunized for them so the sooner he gets them the better.
ReplyDeletei hope she gets through the itching and allows you to get some sleep.
Are you sharing? Josiah still needs to get them and since his siblings and cousins are all done I'm not sure where he will get them :-). Hope she is feeling better and you are sleeping better.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried putting Aveeno anti itch stuff on them. It works wonders. I have also heard that benedryl helps and it will make her sleepy as well :)
ReplyDeletepoor C and her mom...Wishing I could help take care of her
ReplyDelete