Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

My week.

In addition to tons of cakes last week, Baby Boy (like that Shelly?) broke out in chicken pox. He really didn't get as many as Chelsea, but his seemed to be bigger and more painful looking.
Now, this next photo may be used as an ad for vaccinating. :( This was Gavin's worst morning for sure. He was miserable and it took a while for the Benadryl to kick in. Not even the magic sippy cup of juice could soothe him.
We survived with lots of cuddles. This picture shows a few of his worst ones, by his eyebrow and right under his eye.
But alas, we survived.
Obviously, by choosing not to vaccinate, I made the choice for my kids to get the chicken pox. There were moments when it was horrible and I cried because they were crying and itchy and I felt guilty for allowing my children's perfect, soft, pudgy skin to get all scabby, but in the end, we survived and it's all over with. It really was a good time for them to get chicken pox, if there ever is a good time.

6 comments :

  1. Oh, poor Gavin! That second picture makes me want to cry. I had wondered how G made out with his pox.

    But as you said, it came at a pretty good time, and now it's done and over with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the Gman :P is feeling better...little tough guy!
    And oh do I love the sense of humor we share! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that they are both done with the pox and you don't ever have to worry about that again. Koen doesn't have all his vaccinations, either. And you're right, the timing really was good (if there is one) since you were home and could spend all the time with them making them feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey I don;t vaccinate @ all and my kids all had the chicken pox it does pass I'd rather have them feeling a little uncomfortable then having their sweet bodies infected with the poison fr the vaccines and suffer for years down the road only because we put chemicals into their bodies that are not necessary. Glad they are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Gavin..he looks so sad. But the worse is over with. I can't wait to see him, he has grown all of a sudden into a little man

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad i'm not the only one that doesn't get all the vaccines!

    ReplyDelete