My mother's day started off with a bang... or actually peace. :) I was able to sleep in until 8 and then was presented with this.
How can you not smile when you see that envelope? Inside was not the regular pedicure I was expecting, but a gift cert for a "Big Night Out" - manicure, pedicure, peppermint sea twist wrap, and a European facial. 4.5 hours of bliss. I can not wait!!
Then I headed off to church with the kids and my mom. It was a great service. I love my church. Then, Subway for lunch, saying good-bye to my mom and a sweet nap. My husband woke up when the kids did and I slept until I was ready to get up. We played outside,
Although I've adored mother's day, my heart is torn today. I keep remembering 4 years ago, 2 days before mother's day, when we were told that we wouldn't be able to have kids. Doctors said there was nothing they could do for us here in town and were referring us to the infertility clinic in Winnipeg. I was devastated. I sat through a mother's day church service that weekend and tears streamed down my face. I vowed to never, ever, sit through a mother's day service again.
The next mother's day, we were blessed beyond our comprehension and were able to sit through the mother's day service with a beautiful 4 week old baby girl in our arms. However, my heart has been aching today for all those women who haven't been blessed in that way. It aches for all those women with empty arms - for those moms struggling with infertility, for babies not yet conceived, or for those with babies in heaven. Praying for you today.... Happy mother's day to all.
Amanda, I love reading your blogs!!! I was in tears when reading the last part.. Happy Mothers Day! Your a great Mom!
ReplyDeletei guess i should of wrote who that comment was from and not having it say anonymous.. from Ashley
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! You know, I often forget that you had been told you wouldn't be able to have kids. Every time I hear you mention it, it tears my heart in two. Then it mostly seals back up when I look at your life now.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day!!
I can only wish to be even a smidgen as a fantastic mom as you are!
You are blessed indeed!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear and see it was such a wondrful day! :)
Oh Beautiful blog post Amanda!!
ReplyDeleteYou are truly blessed!!
So happy for you that you could just relax and enjoy the day!
It is truly amazing how the Lord blesses us! You are such a great mom. I love seeing you laughing and smiling with your kids :) Happy Mother's Day! (Enjoy that day at the spa...you are one lucky woman!!)
ReplyDelete