Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Oh, Mr. SUN!

Sunshine. Glorious sunshine! The past two days have been amazing. I've been so scared that this weather won't last that I have tried to jam pack as many activities into these past two days as possible. On Friday, we walked to the park, with a shovel and bucket to play in the stones.
Here's an action shot of G. Check out the drool!
I absolutely love his baby soft pudge. I could just keep squishing him all day long.
I've been busy working in my flower garden. I planted a ton of perennials so hopefully next year, spring will be a bit more exciting as I watch what will grow year after year. My method of gardening is "plant and pray". I don't pay much attention to the instructions of planting in full sun/part shade, etc. It's fun being able to do my own garden. Last year, my mom did pretty much my whole flowerbed because I looked like this.
(Was it really that much of a surprise that my son was over 10 pounds??) So grateful to have this summer to run and play outside and enjoy summer without a newborn. Last summer was a tough one, having to stay in out of the wind and heat and having to stay in to nurse and nurse and nurse.
Today we also got ready to put rock under our front deck, and Chris worked hard all afternoon doing things like digging in our new firepit, straightening our fence, and digging out our sandbox, while I made and decorated a cake for my nephew. We then had some friends over for a meal of lasagna, caesar salad and garlic toast. They even helped us get the first chunk of the playstructure standing. Woo hoo!! Soon, we'll be hauling in a bunch of sand and then there will be no more mud in our back yard! I can't wait!

So please sun, stay. Stay and play. I love you. I love being outside and feeling warm. Loves.

4 comments :

  1. I agree! That sun was completely welcome over here too. I can't wait to see the play structure all put together and ready to play :) Glad you're kiddos are having fun out enjoying the sun too - very cute drool there Mr G! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, too! It was so nice to finally get outside after all that rain. We spent the entire day outside the last couple of days. I love when Raine is home, he came with us to the park so we could stay all morning - I nursed Declan in the shade and he chased Talia around the playstructure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to get so much done yesterday!!
    Sounds like you had a really wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you tribute to the sun has enticed it to stay around for awhile! ;p
    Today is another HOT one :)

    ReplyDelete