Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Randoms

- I'm tired. It's been a long week. I'm sad because I feel that I have no time for anything. There's always so much to do and I'm feeling swamped. I'm behind on every possible housechore there is, my quilt for Gavin is still just squares of fabric, my desk in the kitchen is so cluttered there is no room for anything and I miss sleeping.



- My kitchen is getting painted on Monday and Tuesday. It's going from a golden yellow to a cool gray. I'm hoping and praying that I like it. I don't do change well, so it'll be an adjustment, but I do think I'll like it. It's going to be a crazy two days. I'm thinking restaurant meals for Monday and we have plans with friends for Tuesday night. The problem is that I'm also doing a cake/cupcakes for Wednesday and a cake for Thursday. Why? Oh why.



- I have officially resigned from 50% of my teaching position. This is a HUGE HUGE decision for us, but it makes me happy. The thought of going to work full time was actually making me physically ill. Now, I've been promised that I will get an afternoon position, but I don't know what it will be. I'm praying it will all work out.



- Shelly took the innocent pictures I left on her camera and blogged them. She's sweet. And funny. Pretty much a shorter version of me. She runs really fast for having such short little legs. And, to top it all off, she's pretty much the only other person I've met who dips her grilled cheese sandwiches in syrup. It was a friendship destined to happen, I tell you!



- I've been off diet coke for 10 days. 10. I've only drank water. I'm pretty proud of myself. :)



- I am so pleased with Chelsea's 3 year pictures taken by Janet Haslam. I'll share them in a few days once I get the prints.



- Chris and I have a room booked in July at Wisconsin Dells. Technically, we have it for a week, but I'm not sure I can be away from my kids for that long. I'm really looking forward to this. It looks like such an awesome place!



- I really want to go camping this summer. Lots. I wish we had a camper. Or, I wish my parents lived closer so we could use theirs all the time!



- Our backyard is in turmoil. We were making good progress. We bought a playstructure off kijiji. We dug a new garden. We were attempting to move the old garden, and then the rains came. Now, it's all muddy and we have a large, dismantled play structure laying on its side and a little girl who asks for her monkey bars every day. Bring on the sun!



- Bed time. I love sleeping in my bed. I love it. Good night all!

8 comments :

  1. I can't wait to see pictures of the painted kitchen. It's sucky about the timing with the cakes and cupcakes, though, but you will manage. And you'll get caught up on things. (Maybe not this week, but you will.)

    I'm so happy for you, going to half time teaching - I know it's been something you've been wanting to do and struggling with doing, so I'm glad that you are able to do it. And you know that it was the right decision because it feels right. (ESPECIALLY if the thought of going back full time was making you physically sick.)

    Just the name "Wisconsin Dells" sounds interesting. I'm going to google it and see what it's all about.

    So there are big changes going on in the backyard - I didn't realize you were moving the garden. Hopefully the weather clears up soon. I'm looking forward to seeing the play structure, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you that you were able to go part time! I have a 0.5 position too, for me it has really been the best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading this and nodding at every one of them. Yep...my little girl wants to go outside everyday and doesn't understand that you can't play in the rain. I would love to get away for a week but I don't think I could spend that much time away from my kids. Part-time is the best of both worlds. You won't regret it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Part time is awesome!
    I can't wait to see the finished kitchen! I hope you will love it.
    And will you have any grass left after all the stuff you have in your backyard??
    I also love sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! I caould totally do a week without my kids! I just did it :) Although in full disclosure I missed them ooodles and ooodles but we survived and I loved having time with just Shawn.
    More people really need to try the syrup thing it is so good I promise!!!
    Laughed out loud at the short legs shout out!!! clap and ..... ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must be a relief. You picked a good profession when it comes to being a mom! I have been searching and searching for a part time job that pays decently per hour and there are not many options out there!

    Can't wait to see your pictures of the kitchen. Are you doing it, or did you hire someone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just miss you and need to visit with you! lol I feel like I could comment on every single one of those things, and ask questions about each...but this comment would be way too long! I'm excited for your kitchen and part time teaching position! Even part time is often too busy...let me tell ya. lol But it's WAY better than full time! Can't wait to see you soon!!! Go take a break and get some sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your trip will be good for you!! A much needed break from the every day!
    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete