Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mama's Heart

Each year, all I want on Mother's Day is a lovely family photo of me and my beautiful children. Each year, it resembles a goat rodeo and we need to take at least 43 pictures. But, despite the chaos we managed to get two decent ones.

2014:

These three are my life. They are nothing less than the most incredible people and I get to spend my days with them. I am in awe that I've been chosen to be their mother. Although I feel like I fail them over and over, I am so thankful for each and every new morning and the fact that their love is so unconditional. They won't remember the messy floors, less than stellar meals, piles of laundry and short tempers, but they will remember laughing until we pee, wrestling, reading, crafting and the endless hugs, kisses and "I love you's".

This journey isn't always easy, but I am so thankful that we get to do it together.

Speaking of a journey, let's take a look back through the years.

2013:

2012:

2011:

2010:

2009:

2008:
2007: (This one was take a few weeks before Mother's Day. My first Mother's Day with Chelsea was spent in the ER with a mysterious pain that turned out to be a ruptured appendix. This turned into a long hospital stay so I didn't get that official picture.)

2 comments :

  1. So fun to look at all these pictures from the years! You sure have a beautiful family, and they are lucky to have you as their Mom. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Holly! I think this year is the first year I tried to get a photo with the kids, and a goat rodeo would have seemed like a walk in the park compared to what we went through. I don't want a "real life" picture, I want a NICE picture. That's what the bribes of chocolate were for.

    ReplyDelete