Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

The chapter ends...

This summer I had to make a difficult decision. I was torn with what to do. I've been a small business owner for almost 4 years, and although we were still making money, I don't do anything halfway, and knew that it could be doing better. Basically, it came down to me needing to invest more time into the business to build up my clientele. But when I thought about the time that I would need to spend at the office, I would become filled with dread. I felt like I was already always gone from my family, and I just couldn't figure out how it was all supposed to work. I was stressing, a lot.

And then, I read this...

And it became clear. This chapter of my life was ending, and that was okay. With the support of my wonderful husband, we decided to close shop. It was a hard, hard decision. I've loved working with IP and loved working with all my clients and a huge part of me felt like I was letting people down, but I kept reminding myself what was most important.
This.


Time with these guys is far more important than anything I can accomplish with my business. I've been trying to do it all for too long... owning a business, coaching clients, being a mom and a wife and teaching... Oy. Then this year, I was given the privilege of teaching Kindergarten and I knew there was no way I was going to be able to keep up all that I had been doing. Once we had decided to close, I felt reassured many times and for many reasons that it was the right decision. So I had to say good bye.

And so, on Monday night, we packed everything up, closed the office, and I stood and hugged my husband and cried many tears. It was a hard, hard good bye.

And so for now, I will enjoy this quiet life of mine with those that I love.

2 comments :

  1. These decisions aren't easy, but I think that you made the right choice for you! Enjoy your time with your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Amanda. Ending something you've put your heart and soul in to is not easy, but I think in this case, you've made the best decision of all! Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete