So this year, I'm teaching an all boys kindergarten class. Yup. 20 boys. Let that sink in for a minute or two. 16, 17, 18, 19... 20.
Okay, just kidding. It's actually been really great. They are full of energy and keep me busy, but it's been great.
However, it is kindergarten and I am dealing with 20 five year old boys, so I have plenty of hilarious stories.
Like this one...
I like coffee. (Did you get that from the "Coffee & Chaos" title on this blog?) Okay, scrap that. I love coffee. It's like my special treat for surviving being a grown up.
Friday morning, I realized that I didn't have cream for my coffee. My non-coffee drinking husband said, "Just use milk. It's like the same thing." Sigh. In no way is it the same. I decided I'd skip my cup.
Then the glorious text arrived. "I'm bringing coffees to work today." YES! It's like the Lord knew a coffee was my day maker. A real coffee... not a k-cup-from-home coffee. Glory!
So, all morning I savoured my treat, sipping it as I walked around the classroom. It was a fantastic bit of sunshine in an otherwise crazy day.
And then, from the table across the room, I look up and I see one of my precious students with his face pressed against my cup. And then, oh yes, I see him lick the rim of my cup.
He. licked. my. coffee. cup.
I stand up and ask in complete awe, "Did I see you just LICK my cup?"
"Yeah. Coffee just smells so good." He smiles.
He. licked. my. coffee. cup.
I sadly poured my last fantastic bit of sunshine down the drain. There's really no way to come back from seeing a 5 year old lick your cup. Your wonderful, hand delivered special coffee cup.
Welcome to teaching Kindergarten.
This week's writing lesson? "Things we shouldn't do to Mrs. H.'s coffee."


You. Are. Amazing. If Jett licked your cup I would give him a licking.. ;)
ReplyDeleteHaha! Well played.
Delete