Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thoughts while I run.

Today, I ran for the first time in about 9 months. I ran for a few months while I was pregnant, and was only recently given the "all clear" to start running again. Although I run with music, I always find my thoughts funny as they wander all over the place as I try to distract myself from running. Some of my thoughts tonight are as follows.

- running when you are fat is hard. The last time I ran, I was probably in the best shape I had ever been in. I felt like a gazelle. Tonight, I felt like an elephant clodding along. I know it will get better, but man it sucks.

- right now, I weigh as much as I did when I first went on the South beach diet. I weigh exactly 50 pounds more than I did when I found out I was pregnant. This sucks and I try not to focus on it. I have a very healthy baby boy.

- the word "badonkadonk" makes me laugh every time. However, tonight when I was running and I felt my bum jiggling along, I kept thinking that if most people have a badonkadonk, mine must be a badonkadonkadonkadonk because it felt like it just kept bouncing around. I seriously thought about this one a lot tonight.

- I need to find a good supportive bra. 'nuff said.

- I wore all black while running tonight. It was dark out. I often complain about people who do just that while I'm driving because they are hard to see. I would have complained about myself.

- It was dark out when I was running. For some reason, I was really freaked out by a tree that I passed. I envisioned someone standing behind it watching me. I was creeped out.

- I hate my white running shoes. I want my black and pink Nike shoes back.

- my cell phone sucks. It shut off three times while I was running.

There were more thoughts, but it's late and I'm tired. Night, all.

5 comments :

  1. okay. hilarious.

    And I get freaked out running at night as well. I stay off of the paths...too dark :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm utterly impressed. I'll walk for miles and miles, but you couldn't pay me to run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post. Others random thoughts are funny.
    And hey, about the white running shoes...its something for passers by to see, since you were wearing all black.

    ReplyDelete