Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The mother's day photo

Each year on Mother's Day, I don't ask for much. All I want is a good picture with my kids.

Side note - Our camera is STILL away for repairs. We are using another borrowed camera, and although I am grateful, it's not the greatest. I miss my camera!

Anyways, on with the blogpost.

2006 - The week of Mother's Day, we were told by doctors that the chances of us having kids was pretty much non-existant. Mother's Day sucked.

2007 - My first Mother's Day with my miracle baby was spent in the ER with a mysterious pain that turned out to be a ruptured appendix. This turned into an 11 day hospital stay, so I have no pictures!

2008 - My first mother's day outing! I was over the moon happy with my miracle!

2009 - Playing hard outside on Mother's Day.

2010 - Mother's Day with 2 babies. Out of 30 gazillion pictures, it kinda works.

Fast forward to 2011...


Gavin almost lasted for one picture.
Hey, I said "almost."

Chelsea and I persevered.


Too squinty.


Attempt #3. I like to call this one "Tree - meet apple."

Well, at least we both had our eyes closed.


Attempt #4. M'eh. It kinda works.



I thought maybe it was Chris' camera skills - like really, he couldn't take a couple steps closer? - so we attempted one all by ourselves.



It works.


Happy Moms day.

2 comments :

  1. These are gorgeous!

    Just think how boring it will be when you're able to get your "nice" Mother's Day photo right off the bat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely! Did you stain your veranda floor? I love their dark wood - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete