So, around here, we have a rule that you have to stay in bed until 7:00. After that, Chris usually gets up with the kids, turns on the tv, and they watch cartoons and eat breakfast while he sleeps on the couch. It's a great system, especially for me.
The other morning, Chelsea came into our room at 6:30 and we sent her back to bed. This happens sometimes - no big deal.
So the day goes on with me dragging myself out of bed in time for Chris to go to work. The kids are happily playing and a friend drops her daughter off. All of a sudden, I stop and look at Chelsea. Something is off with her hair - really off. She has... bangs? What's going on?
I pull her over and start inspecting and it is bad. I am trying to stay calm because she has a friend over but inside I am freaking out. I ask her to show me the hair and this is what I find in the garbage can.
Yikes. Now I am really freaking out. She tells me that she didn't go back to sleep at 6:30 but rather decided to comb her hair. She figured it would be easier to cut the comb out rather than confess that she was out of bed when she shouldn't be. Apparently I wouldn't notice.
I sent a panicked text to a friend who managed to squeeze Chelsea in for a hair cut. She did the best she could to kind of blend in the blunt chunk missing. If you look closely, you can see a shorter blunt cut with a few layers over top.
Chelsea was so quiet during the hair cut. She was petrified that the stylist was going to cut her hair short like a boy. It's definitely not as bad as it could have been. But until it grows longer, you can expected lots of braided bangs, clips and headbands.
Oh, no!
ReplyDeleteShe won't be doing that again!