Sunday, February 17, 2013
Lately...
1. Since coming home from Florida, I've been a bit of a homebody - okay, wait, a HUGE homebody. I rarely go out and have even stopped calling and asking people to go out. Eli got pretty sick with super high fevers when we got back and I lost a lot of sleep. Considering I was already exhausted from Florida, I feel like I'm playing major catch up.
2. A lot of people have been asking about Gavin's health since returning from Dr. Fuller's. We are super excited to say that everything is great. His rash is all cleared up, he has no more tummy issues, his nose isn't stuffed up, he has more energy and he is eating all normal food. He has even started sleeping with his mouth closed and that's unheard of. We are all feeling so good. The trip was definitely worth it!
3. I feel like there's so much to do every day. I feel like I spend my whole day in the kitchen - making breakfast, cleaning up, making lunch, cleaning up, supper, etc. I feel behind on the housework and laundry constantly. My house is never tidy. We have a lot of fun everyday and that's the most important thing, right?
4. Valentine's Day came and went. I definitely didn't go overboard this year. Maybe next year I'll join the bandwagon and decorate the house a bit and spend time making handmade valentines. This year, we handed out store bought cards and Chelsea took her favourite cookie dough pops to school for the party. Chris and I tucked the kids into bed and watched a movie at home. Perfect.
5. I have been blown away by Chelsea's reading lately. It's like suddenly, overnight, she can read. She even read me a new Robert Munsch book the other day. I'm proud. We've had a rough week this week together, so it's nice to have some positives to focus on. She threw the mother of all tantrums the other day. It honestly left Chris and I speechless and it went on for a long, long time. Then a few days later, she got a comb stuck in her hair and decided to cut it out. (More on that later). Thankful for new beginnings and waves of grace every morning.
I'll leave you with that for now. Not interesting at all really, but just a quick update on what's going on over here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
What wonderful pictures. Eli is growing so fast. We are both so happy Gavin had success with Dr. Fuller. Chelsea is so beautiful and has such a great smile.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures!
ReplyDeleteWe'll have to have tea soon
Kim
I am a regular reader of your blog...or I guess I could say creeper (I do not usually comment, but I love to read it). I would love to talk to you sometime about your Dr. Fuller trip. Our oldest and your Gavin seem so much alike in the health department (adenoids and tonsils removed, still mouth breathing, always has rash, etc.).
ReplyDelete