Yup. I'm going back to work at school in the mornings and Chelsea will be going to school full time. My working is really not a big deal - only a few hours a day. However, me going back to work means a lot of different things in this household.
- It means less time lazing around in our jammies. Things really don't get moving in this household until at least after 9... more like 10. Sure, we may be up at 7:30, but out of jammies, hair done, ready for public viewing? No way.
- It means no more flip flops. Well, it should mean no more flip flops but who are we kidding? I'll still wear 'em, but it probably isn't classified as appropriate footwear. Same goes for Chelsea. She adores flip flops, but bare feet in her indoor running shoes isn't comfy.
- It means wearing clothes. UGH. Don't get me wrong. We aren't naked and we wear clothes all the time, but I definitely prefer shorts and tank tops to dress pants and fancy shirts. Just the thought of putting on pants makes me sad. And Chelsea - no more short shorts and summer dresses. Actually having to wear real clothes, possibly even jeans is not something she's looking forward to either!
- It means having to put on eye makeup! In the summer, I really don't need any because I'm always wearing sunglasses. I guess I can't wear my sunglasses inside the school.
- It means having to bathe my children regularly again. Not going to lie - the older two didn't get a lot of baths this summer. Swimming in a pool has to count as getting clean, right?
- It means doing laundry, lots of laundry, again. My kids pretty much lived in swimsuits this summer which totally cut down on the piles of clothes. Now we'll have school clothes and home clothes and gymnastics clothes... Boo.
- It means no more morning playdates, trips to Superstore, mornings at the park, or visits with friends. Eli will also sleep most of the afternoon, so that limits our afternoon plays too.
- It definitely means more planning, especially when it comes to eating. Chelsea will need a lunch and I'll need something as soon as I get home. Chris should have leftovers or something quick and easy, otherwise he'll resort to smokies, KD, hamburger helper and fast food. I wish I was better at menu planning - I'll really have to make an effort. I know I feel more relaxed when I have a plan, but I just suck at doing them.
- It means a lot of changes. Praying it all goes smoothly!
What a change, you will all do fine but you will certainly all be busy.
ReplyDeleteBahahaha! i love your comment about having to bathe them on a regular basis. There is lots of chlorine in pools...it's clean...right....
ReplyDelete