Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Pssst... I think I'm back

Well hello there. It's nice of you to check in. I'm flattered that some of you still do!


I know, I know. It's been a while - a long while. I've missed blogging. It makes me so happy when people comment that they miss reading my writing. I miss my writing too. I miss jotting down the funny stories about my kids, the tales of our everyday woes, and simple updates about life. I could give you a hundred reasons why I stopped blogging but really, they are all lame excuses. Facebook and Instagram makes sharing pictures way easier than blogging, and people comment on those pictures. I like that! It's quick and easy.


Blogging takes time. I sit and write, drink some coffee, walk away from the computer, go back, re-word, start another entry, re-size pictures, drink more coffee, edit, re-read, write more, and finally hit publish.


Then I wait for feedback. Even just a few comments to make me feel like my writing was read by someone and made someone feel something - whether it's a quick laugh, an understanding sigh. When I teach writing to students, one of the lessons that they learn is that their writing has a purpose and that they are writing for an audience. Well, people of the internet, I'm writing for you! Well, I hope you enjoy it, but this time, I'm mostly writing for me.


See you again soon.



2 comments :

  1. Welcome back!! I've missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your posts! It's so real...makes me feel like I'm chatting with you! ����

    ReplyDelete