Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Randoms

- The time change fairy was good to our house last night. G wakes up every morning, without fail, at 7:30. It's usually pretty much exactly 7:30, so we were expecting a nice wake up call through our baby monitor at 6:30 this morning. Words can't express how happy we were to hear his voice at exactly 7:30 this morning. Hooray for sleeping in!

- I need more flannel sheets - for our bed, and Chelsea's. She's been sneaking into our bed for the past few nights. She looks at me with her sleepy bed head and says, "I just want to snuggle with you both" and I'm a goner. However, we know this is a bad habit, so we've been trying to put a stop to it. Unfortunately, this usually means me crawling out of my nice warm bed, and taking her back to her room. We're thinking if we make her bed a little more cosy, she might be more inclined to stay there. Maybe?

- Saturday was a blur of birthday parties for a friend, icing cupcakes for a fundraiser, and attending that fundraiser. I have some amazingly talented friends. My friend Crystal and her husband Jeff and some others from our church put on a concert and the proceeds went to the International China Concern (I think that's what it is called.) Now, let me tell you a little about my friend Crystal. She. is. amazing. She's one of those girls that you just want to spend time with. She always greets you with a hug and knows the right words to say. She is hilarious in a way that makes you laugh out loud, even hours later. She has a great memory and can pretty much quote any line from any show she's ever watched. She amazes me. We don't get to spend enough time together.

Anyways, this girl has an amazing voice. I was so thrilled to be able to donate 120 cupcakes to the cause and listen to her sing all night long. I sat with tears in my eyes for most of it. So. good.

- I have more to say, but that'll have to wait for another day. It's bed time for me. Here's hoping the time change fairy is good to us again.

No comments :

Post a Comment