- You might remember Chris' surprise birthday cake from last year.
Everyone kept asking how I was going to top that for his 30th birthday. I kept thinking about it on and off all year but luckily, my husband made it easy for me. He wanted a blizzard cake from DQ. Done. Easy-peasy. - On the 30th, a church in Winkler had a carnival for Jesus and our great babysitters took Chelsea. She was a little tired of being Snow White all week, so we switched it up and she went as Belle. She was so excited to wear my tiara from my wedding.
That hoop skirt is hard to maneuver!
- We carved pumpkins with Chelsea this year. Gavin was sick, so he was sleeping a lot the day we decided to do it. Chelsea really was having fun, despite how it looks in this picture.
- For Halloween, we had another repeat appearance from the frog and Snow White. Chelsea LOVED trick-or-treating. We went out for an hour and a half as a family, then I came home to put Gavin to sleep and hand out candy. I lost track of how many kids, but it was a lot. I'm sure it had to do with the fact that our neighbours had a haunted house display set up in their garage.
- We didn't have to buy any Halloween costumes this time. I pick up costumes in the summer at garage sales for our dress-up bin downstairs. I think Gavin's frog was $5, the Belle dress was $4 and my sister got the Snow White dress for $0.50.
- And now, it's November. The month of MCC kits and report card writing at work. Add in 8 birthday cakes, 1 smash cake, and 154 cupcakes and it's a recipe for insanity. :P
OKay that's one beautiful little Belle you have there....she's adorable! I had to take a second look at her yesterday in church with her hair all up I hardly recognized her. lol The earrings are very cute!
ReplyDeletevery cute costumes..even cuter kids!!! good luck this month...sounds insane :S
ReplyDeleteChris' cake is hilarious! I forgot that it was his "champagne" birthday.
ReplyDeleteChelsea is so gorgeous dressed as Belle - she'd have felt so special wearing your tiara!
Next year, Gavin will be right into the carving, too, so you'll have guts and seeds EVERYWHERE!
You really are a sucker for punishment, aren't you? (November plans and cakes/muffins.)