Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Thursday's events

Chelsea has been begging me for a long time to get her ears pierced. Every time I wore nice earrings, she would play with them and ask again and again. We had lots of discussions about how getting your ears pierced hurts and whether or not she would be ready. She promised up and down that she was ready.

So, we made the big appointment for Thursday morning. I had been debating whether or not I wanted to get my nose pierced, but I figured it would be a great reward for me for losing 30 pounds. Okay, so I'm only at 28, but I figured I was close enough. :)

We went to McKenna in Morden. I had a long talk with the piercer about the gun vs needle debate and we decided for Chelsea's earlobes, it would be best to use the gun. The problem is, at McKenna, there is only one piercer, so they have to be done one at at time.

Well, my brave girl sat there all by herself, still as a statue when the first earring went in. Four seconds later, the crying/screaming started. Chelsea was done. I tried showing her a mirror, talking about how pretty it looked and how we needed to do the other one, but she said she was quite happy with just one. All she wanted was just one earring.

This went on for about 5 minutes, until I told her that the piercer has to pierce two ears; that's her job. If she doesn't do her job, she'll get into trouble. So, Chelsea climbed on my lap and sat really still, all while crying. But, the second earring went in and she hopped off my lap, declared she was done with me and wanted daddy. Good thing he was just outside. She was as happy as can be, once her tears were wiped away and she was munching on mini eggs, that is.

Then, I got my nose pierced. No crying or mini eggs needed.

The best part is that when I was leaving the salon, Chelsea asked me if the piercer was going to get into trouble because I only got one earring done. :)

This is her "before" shot.
And after. It's hard to get a picture of little studs!
It's been so good healing together. She gently touches my nose and asks if it hurts and if it's healing and we get to clean our piercings together. I love having a daughter!!
I think matching tattoos are next. But no worries, she has to be at least 8 before I'll agree to that.

6 comments :

  1. Wow. Just... wow... all around.

    Getting the gun twice. Being happy with just one earring. Being brave and getting the other ear done. Asking you if the lady got in trouble for doing your one piercing. Gently touching your ring.

    She's growing up so fast!

    wv: Pasifies - seems appropriate for this post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good ladies!
    I totally agree I love my girl as well daughters are fun for us mamas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an awesome Mother/daughter story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice piercings girls! I love the nose piercing...and way to go on the 30lbs, that's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hhmm, I didn't notice that your nose was pierced today Mrs. Hildebrand! I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this. I think we'll be making a similar appt for Aydan soon.

    ReplyDelete