Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pick your battles.

This girl and I seem to be in a struggle every morning. She's very independent and is all about doing things herself.

Right now, we battle over clothes and hair. She wants to choose what she wears and how her hair is done.

Most days, I let her pick her clothes. Most days, she's mismatched or wearing something backwards. I'm okay with this. We've struck a deal. On Wednesdays (preschool) and Sundays (church) I get to choose her outfits.

So, today, being Sunday, I chose her outfit - a cute new sweater (thanks Amanda!), tights and a skirt (because she HATES pants at the moment).

And, because I believe in compromise, she did her own hair.

Just in case you weren't in church today, this is what you missed.

Thank you to all of those in church who encouraged her. She kept telling me, "See mom? Everyone thinks I'm beautiful!"

You are always beautiful, baby girl!

7 comments :

  1. So totally awesome - letting her pick her own clothes (mismatched/backwards/whatever), and being able to compromise and let her do her own hair - even though it would have been difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny!! Good thing you have a picture to show her when she's older!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!!!
    Chelsea you are to cute for words!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I wish that I would have seen that.
    She's a sweetheart and you know it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats too cute!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the sweater on her and love the hair. BK still loves picking her own everything and wow, the ensemble she went to school with today was quite the sight.

    ReplyDelete