I woke up this morning and read something on Facebook that made me feel left out and neglected and lately it seems too easy for me to feel that way. That is definitely one area where I seem to struggle with - fitting in. It seems to me that, with the exception of a few, I struggle with feeling worthy of friendships. In my head, I'm still that girl, hiding in the bathroom stall in grade 7, avoiding recess time. I sometimes feel like I am always the one inviting people out and in my head, I turn this into me begging to be your friend. I fully realize this is completely my issue, and most of the time, it's not true, but lately, it's hard to convince myself of that.
Our pastor spoke last week on giving thanks in all circumstances and how we should easily be able to list things we are thankful for, so I'm going to focus on what I'm thankful for and push all the other negative thoughts out.
I know, this "thankful" post is a week too late, but really, is it ever too late to be thankful? So, in no particular order, let's get started.
1. My husband is incredible. He loves on me like there's no tomorrow. He has completely picked up the slack at home because I am so busy. He is such a good dad, carting the kids off to dance and gymnastics and everywhere else they need to be. I'm reminded again that he is my best friend.
2. My health. I am healthier and stronger and in better shape than I ever have been. I am ever so thankful for that.
3. My kids. Seriously, I love these two so much it hurts some days. My house is often in a cluttered, messy state because I neglect housework when I'm home so that I can have quality time with these two. We read, colour, snuggle, count, wrestle, craft, bake, dance and play. I always try to remind myself that those things are more important than a clean house.
4. My job. Although this year is proving to be intense and stressful, I am thankful for my job at the school. As I'm getting more and more settled and confident in my new position, I'm liking work more and more.
5. My clients. When I opened A Better Life Wellness Centre, I never dreamed I would be as busy as I am. It's overwhelming and stressful at times, but when I come home and share the stories of the day with Chris, I'm reminded of how incredible these people are. It's so uplifting and encouraging to be a part of helping people get healthier and happier. Watching people grow in confidence as the pounds come off is such a rush. I'm grateful to be a part of their lives.
6. My friends - I do have a few close friends who I know will be there for me, no matter what. I don't ever feel pressure to be someone I'm not. Our lives are all crazy busy so sometimes it's hard to find time to hang out, but their friendship means the world to me. Oh and I have a few internet BFFs who kinda rock too. ;)
Okay, so far, those have all been the usual, sappy ones we all expect. Now onto some randoms that I'm thankful for.
7. I was super blessed to spend the day yesterday with a girl who simply gets me - everything about me. It was such a great, easy day. It was refreshing. I am oh so thankful for her. Oh and I'm thankful I found what I hope to be a really warm winter jacket to make those winter duty days a little easier.
8. My Kindle. Sounds weird, I know, but I have found so much peace and joy in reading again. I find the Kindle so convenient to just throw in my purse to read whenever I have a few spare minutes. I fall asleep reading every night and I have been getting much better sleep with less tossing and turning.
9. Feta cheese and Greek salads. I know, not as life impacting as friends and family, but I could eat this every. single. day. And this week, I have. :)
10. Good music. I love being able to crank the tunes and change my attitude. I can go from feeling sleepy and tired to rockin' it out with a ton of energy. I can go from feeling down and depressed to worthy and loved.
Alright, now it's time for church, which I'm also thankful for. Oh sunshine. Oh and coffee. The list goes on and on.
Awesome! I love these kinds of posts!
ReplyDeleteI know I don't know you much beyond FB and a few brief visits, but it still surprises me that you feel that way! You seem so social and at ease with people. :)
ReplyDeleteHey, Internet BFF. I miss our late-night chats!
ReplyDeleteI totally second what Meghan said, I would have never guessed you felt that way! I'm thankful for you and you opening up your shop.. it has changed my life like crazy already and can't wait to see what it does in the future!!
ReplyDeleteWell, if it makes you feel better, you haven't been begging me to my friend, remember you keep rejecting me!? ahahahaha
ReplyDeleteGreat to see your 'thankful' list :) I have a poster on our fridge that says "Count your many blessings name them one by one" and I encourage all of us to jot down random stuff at any time and I love to see the page fill up!
It surprises me to that you feel that way, you always seem so bubbly and outgoing! i Love my Kindle too, and greek salads ;)
ReplyDelete