Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Kinda bored

- C painted my toenails tonight. Pretty sure a blind monkey could have done a better job, but she had fun, and flipflop season is over, so it's all good.
- I am settling nicely into my job - finally. It's still hard not to have a classroom, but I'm making it work. Feel free to wave at me every morning as I'm out waving my orange flag.
- I took a sick day on Friday. I had a horrible cold/cough/sore throat that settled in my chest. I slept until noon without waking up once. Guess I needed it!
- I'm only posting because I feel guilty for not blogging. Take what you can get people!
- I'm not one of those "put up the Christmas tree on November 1st" kind of people. I usually aim for somewhere from December 1 - 14. I just find it so bulky and cumbersome. I wish I was more into seasonal decorating, but I just have a hard time spending money on that sort of stuff.
- My feet are always cold - who wants to buy me electric socks?
- Alright, I've wasted my evening watching Grey's and Private Practice. Felt good to do nothing, but yet, weird to do nothing.
- We currently have a fort set up in our kitchen. Good times.
- Happiness feels good.

3 comments :

  1. I bought a cool green nail polish to paint my toenails. I'm also pretty sure that Chelsea or a blind monkey would be able to paint them better than I will.

    The only season I decorated for is Christmas. When I could put up lights, I'd turn them on November 15 (because anything sooner than that would be disrespectful to the veterans). Unfortunately, this house is set up wonky enough that Christmas lights don't really work. I itched most of October to decorate for Christmas in the house, but now that November is here, the urge is gone. That's fine, because I usually put them up so early that I want to take them down about a week before Christmas.

    I bought a heating pad on Friday. It makes me so happy. Maybe an electric blanket wouldn't quite be as bad as I've always envisioned.

    Happiness IS good.

    And the post ends well. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this will be the first year we will have a tree. Not a fan...the things you do for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh the blind monkey comment was bilarious! tooooo funny.
    Glad you are settling into your job a bit more.
    And its probably good to relax once in a while or 'be bored'...I bet its good for us sometimes ;) [coming from someone who finds this extremely difficult!]

    ReplyDelete