As a mom, sometimes we have to deal with situations that we'd rather not. There are some situations that I'd actually like to stay a million miles away from. But instead, we grin and bear it. Or in this case, plug our noses and wash the wall.
Potty training Gavin has been a long process. All summer long, he's been great - if he was naked, that is. Naked, he rarely had accidents. But if we left the house at all, we put him in a diaper. If we put clothes on him, he would pee instantly. So because I'm an awesome, stellar parent, I just let him run around naked. Seriously - all the time. Worked for me!
Now it's getting a little chipper out, so we finally embraced the gitchies and on Friday last week, m'boy became a gitchie-wearing, potty training machine. Love it. I'd post pictures, but I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
Anyways, he has been doing FANTASTIC. For a non-talker, he does a sweet little bobbing potty dance or he'll come and grab my hand and pull me to the bathroom. We really have only had the odd incident and those are usually in the bathroom when one of us hasn't been there to help him on.
However, the other morning, we were hanging out as a family upstairs and G waited a little too long. Chris grabbed him and started running to the bathroom, but it was too late. I wish I could tell you it was pee, but it was not. The material in question splatted on the wall as a loud bang echoed upstairs. While running into the bathroom, Chris accidentally banged Gavin's head on the doorframe - while he was in the middle of doing his thing. I came around the corner and almost died laughing. Seriously, my life is awesome. I was actually happy it landed on the wall because it meant I didn't have to clean the carpets! But there, my little boy sat, pooping, crying, and rubbing his head, confused beyond all explanation.
Needless to say, this set us back a bit in the potty training area, as G refused to perform #2 duties on the potty (or anywhere) for four days. I'm pretty sure he was petrified that daddy would smack him upside the head if it happened.
Oh my, I laughed a little. Mostly because I can easily see the same scenario playing out in our house.
ReplyDeleteHaha! I'm laughing and crying for G at the same time. Is he back to pooping on the potty now?
ReplyDeleteOh Amanda....I feel your pain! Toilet learning is a difficult thing for the littles to catch on to. Hopefully he will soon start going again on the toilet!
ReplyDeletewow. there is never a dull moment in life is there! i'm glad he's been doing so well - minus the incident!
ReplyDeletei laughed out loud! i can only imagine.
ReplyDeletei giggled a little with a few tears for your boy!! Hope all gets better! you kids are so cute!
ReplyDelete