Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

I'm pregnant and I know it.

Don't take this post the wrong way. It is written in jest, truly. I am excited to be having another baby, but I'm finding that pregnancy, the 3rd time around, is harder to embrace.

Things you may not remember about being giantly pregnant:

- Well meaning people will comment on the "glow" that you and all pregnant women have. It's not glow - it's sweat. Seriously - I am running 10 degrees hotter than the general population, trying to squeeze my massive belly into some sort of summer wear so that I can still be outside.

- I've gained an insane amount of weight, and no matter what you tell me, I don't believe that "it's all water." Nope. It's fat. It's true. For whatever reason, God decided that I needed to be round, soft, voluptuous, and well padded, especially in the backside area. I'm sure there is some fantastic reason that my lovehandles and rear need to be well padded to protect the baby, but I'm still trying to figure out what we are protecting the baby from!
- getting up to pee 4-5 times a night. Because I'm always so stinkin' hot, I drink ice water like it's going out of style. This is fine during the day, but getting up at night because "OH MY GOODNESS I HAVE TO PEE" only to sit down and think to myself, "trickle, dribble?"

- waking up at 2:30 every night with insane heartburn. Now, I had heartburn much earlier with my other two pregnancies, so again, I can't really complain. But when you are trying to sleep for a few consecutive hours, waking up during the night to chow down on some Tums isn't really on the list of top 100 things I'd like to do instead of sleeping.

- Flip flops are my best friend. Not only does wearing flip flops mean that I don't have to put socks on because I can't handle how they cut into my ankles, but I also don't have to bend down to put them on. Bonus. However, I am extremely clumsy at the best of times and this seems heightened when experiencing the wonder that is pregnancy and I've almost taken a nosedive into the carpet more times than I can count.

- cankles and sausage toes. By the end of the day, my feet are swollen and I swear I can feel my ankles rolling onto the tops of my feet.

- the number of comments you receive when you go out in public. Yes, I am due in 22 days. Yes, I am sure. No, it's not twins. Yup, it can be pretty uncomfortable.


Now, just because I think it's interesting, here are a couple of comparison pictures.

Everyone keeps talking about how my belly is getting bigger, but really, in the past month, I haven't seen a lot of change, and I went from measuring a few weeks ahead to bang on, so I'll let you decide. (And yes, apparently I've spent some time in the sun with the kids in the past month!) Pardon the super serious expression on my face.

And for fun, based on belly shape, I'm still sticking with my theory that this is a boy!


5 comments :

  1. Looking good! You are almost there. Hang tight, and try not to have any face to face meetings with the ground. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh, your bump is exactly the same the last 2 times! Crazy. Although, mine was exactly the same all 3 times, so who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? You're pregnant!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great and such a tan. It won't be long now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jerry says: nice tan, Amanda

    ReplyDelete