Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

8 months

My baby turned 8 months. He has been so busy growing. He is such a beautiful baby. He is laid back and happy and loving.
At 8 months, he's still toothless and breastfeeding often. He has gotten into the habit of going to bed at 7, and then waking at 1 and 5 to feed. I feel like I should cut out the 5 am feed, but at the same time, it's a really good milk feed for him. Sometimes I feel that he is so busy during the day that he isn't nursing as much as he should be. Also - he loves food, especially finger foods. I'm pretty sure he tolerates us feeding him for the simple reason that we can shovel it in faster than he can. He's sitting like a champ, starting to tolerate tummy time and every once in a while, gets up on his hands and knees. I'm okay with him slowing down and staying like a baby for a bit. I can't believe how fast time is flying this third time around.
 
I will confess that my least favourite part of being 8 months is the hair pulling. It just doesn't stop. Every single time we get near, he just grabs fistfuls and pulls us in so close. If you don't have long hair, he will use your ears - no worries. I keep telling Chris it's just the way that Eli expresses his love, but man, he doesn't have to be so rough with his love!

 Please don't think his life is always awesome. As you can tell, his life is rough. A few things to note about the following picture:
1. his hair. If you look closely, it's awesome and spiky and wild, just in the back.
2. the fact that his sleeper is still open after his last diaper change. Changing an 8 month old's diaper is like trying to stuff a squirmy puppy into a doll's dress that is three sizes too small, so he may have won the last battle and I just gave up without buttoning all 84 snaps. (and yes, the dog incident may have happened at our house this week as well.)
3. the fact that he's still wearing a sleeper and it is closer to 5 pm than 5 am.
4. the unbelievable amount of toys that you will find on my livingroom rug at any given moment in time.
5. the dog, calmly waiting in the background for anyone to pay her a smidgen of attention.
And just two more.


1 comment :