I'd like to promise that I'll get better at posting more frequently, but really, who knows? I would like to keep better track of what is going on in our lives so that it makes it easier and more interesting to look back on. For now, I'm going to just do a list of random things, because that's probably about all my brain can handle at the moment.
- First off, this seems like the longest winter ever. We are still waist deep in snow on our front yard and it almost April! I've been feeling very blue this winter, so I am very much enjoying the warmer days that we've been having and the glorious sunshine. Soon Spring will be here in full force and I will embrace it with open arms!
- I love having my nails painted lately. I'm glad Chelsea is a girlie girl and loves it too. In some ways, I'm finding it challenging to parent her with patience lately, so I like taking as many chances for one on one time with her as I can get.
- Spring break is coming to an end. Although we didn't do anything special like a vacation or even a night in a hotel, we often talk about our Florida trip and flip through the photo albums so that the kids remember that we did just do something super fun. Chelsea has pretty much been off school for almost two weeks already. She went to school on the 13th, but the 14th and 15th, she had off. The following Monday and Tuesday were snow days and school was cancelled, then Wednesday was early dismissal so she only had school for 2 hours. Then, Thursday and Friday she had off again. It's been a long time! I made sure to keep our schedule with the perfect balance of busy and calm. Busy enough that Chelsea is happy as she likes to be doing something or going somewhere all the time, and calm enough that I don't feel stressed. I signed her up for a few art classes in Morden and we scheduled a few play dates with friends. I took the two older kids to a story time at Clay Owl where we painted a bunny and a chick, and I sent Chelsea to Clay Owl with our neighbour to paint some coasters one day. All in all, a great spring break.
- I found out that I will be working mornings when I return to work in Sept. It's always so hard for me to return to work. I have been very fortunate to have more than a year off as I had Eli during the summer, but I just feel like I miss out on so much when I'm away from them. Thankfully, childcare has fallen into placed and we are feeling very blessed to be going back to Shirlie's.
- Chris and I were able to slip away to the city for a "date" last night. I use the quotation marks because it was super quick. My friend who lives just outside of the city offered to take all three kids so we could go for supper. We were quick to take her up on that offer. We dropped off the littles, ate a big steak at The Keg, whipped into Walmart to buy some Easter treats and then held hands while wandering the aisles of Costco. Seriously - date nights change drastically from your 20s to your 30s! ;)
- I actually started writing this blogpost a few days ago. Although it feels like every day kind of blurs into the next, we've been super busy. Hopefully I'll get a few more posts up soon!
That sounds like the perfect spring break and date night to me, hopefully you enjoyed some delicious dessert to top the evening off!
ReplyDeleteKim