A few weeks ago, we headed to Winkler Bible Camp for their family day. We spent most of our time at the rock climbing wall. Chelsea was super pumped to climb the wall. I give her oodles of credit. I was scared walking around the top of the tower and I used stairs and held a guardrail!
Okay, so just to explain a few things. That black line is how high you are allowed to climb if you aren't tethered. Chelsea is climbing a straight wall, but I am going to ask you to please note the climbing wall a little farther back in the picture. It comes into play soon.
Chelsea wasted no time getting above that black line.
And higher still...
Now, here's where it gets interesting... See that climbing wall to the right? See that good looking man strapped into a helmet and harness? He thought it would be fun to climb up the hard wall right alongside her. (Just a note - he's never ever rock climbed before but he figured, "Sure! How hard can it be?") Here he is, doing great. It'll be just a few minutes and he'll be beside her, right?
Wrong. I wish I could show you the video, but I was laughing too loudly. Here is a picture of his progress. Oh wait... he fell off the wall.
Here is yet another attempt. Again, please note his progress, and the black line. Still not above that black line..
Oh wait, there's that beautiful six year old girl climbing ALL the way to the top. I wish I had a picture of her ringing the bell at the top, but I did switch over to video to capture that. Also, my cheering was probably an embarrassment. Oh wait, the title of "embarrassment" might be saved for that good-looking rock climber to the right who never made it over the black line.
All in all, great day with many memories made!
Hilarious!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is your girl No challenge too great. Wish I could have cheered with you.
ReplyDeleteWow! I would be far too terrified to do that, lol
ReplyDeleteI am not surprised! Chelsea is such a determined, strong, independent girl! Yay for her!
ReplyDeleteMaybe next year Chris....I really shouldn't talk I wouldn't be anywhere near that