Eli got a water table from us for his birthday. When his older brother moves over enough so Eli can play, he really enjoys it! ;)
We all know I adore throwing crazy parties. We had a circus theme for Eli's birthday, because it really is a three ring circus around here most days! The party was kept really small but of course, I went slightly overboard for his birthday cake, but hey! He's only 1 once!
My favourite part is the hand painted name plate.
Of course, with a circus theme, we did have lots of fun food as well. These little popcorn bags were actually chocolate cupcakes with mini marshmallows twisted into popcorn. They were so cute!
I found giant lollipops at Dollar Tree, so I made cute little labels and they served as party favours.
Ah yes, what is a circus without cotton candy? I purchased some at Dollarama, but I do not recommend you put it on sticks ahead of time. The moisture evaporates quickly and you are left with dark coloured clumps of hard sugar on sticks. Not appealing.
More circus fun. Pinwheels, Pink Elephant candy, candy sticks, jelly beans and peanuts!
Oh and caramel apple slices! I opted for slices, rather than whole apples because who really eats a whole apple. Although it was a good idea in theory, the caramel really didn't stick well on the slices. The juice from the apple made the caramel all watery after a few hours. But they tasted good!
There was a little smash cake as well. I really didn't love the design, but Chelsea and Gavin helped me make it, so it's made with lots of love! Before and after!
Eli seeing his cake for the first time. He was ready to dig in!
Mmmm cake!
I'll end off with these gorgeous images from tlp photography. There will be a one year post on this little man soon!

Love the theme! Looked like a great day celebrating an adorable boy! Happy birthday Eli!
ReplyDeleteLove the theme! Looked like a great day celebrating an adorable boy! Happy birthday Eli!
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented Amanda! Great job :). Your kids are so adorable!
ReplyDelete