Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My baby is a whole year.

 I find it fascinating to see the changes that happen during the first year of life. From this...
to this...
 to this gorgeous little man.
From baby to big boy, in the blink of an eye.
 

 Dearest Eli,

You are an absolute ray of sunshine. You are so amazing. You are calm and laid back, yet spunky and busy, all the time. I'm getting glimpses of how your mind works, and I'm pretty sure you are wired like your daddy. You are constantly trying to fit things together and take things apart. You light up when you see him and clap whenever he comes near. You really don't like toys, but would rather play with remotes, screwdrivers, pots and pans, shoes... pretty much anything that isn't a toy.

You are adored by your siblings. Chelsea can't get enough of you - she's always hugging and kissing and loving on you. When you cry, she cries. It's endearing and annoying all rolled into one big tear fest.

Gavin tolerates you, but honestly, he's a little afraid of you. Every time you get near him, you are pulling his hair or tugging at his shirt. I can't wait to see what kind of trouble you boys get into!

 
At one, you are napping for an hour every morning and two every afternoon. You go to sleep at 7 each night, only to wake at 3:00. Daddy goes in and gives you a cup of milk, then you sleep until 6:30. You still nurse first thing in the morning. You would nurse 64x a day if I let you. You are a good eater, providing you can feed yourself. You aren't a fan of being spoon fed.  
 
You started walking a few weeks ago. You went from doing your orangutan-crawl to chasing your brother in one day. You are so fast and so busy. You've also mastered climbing stairs and know not to come down. You will stand at the top of the stairs and call loudly until one of us come to elevator you down.
 
I love you so much. I could snuggle you all day long. Lately, I have this privilege, as you are very much a mama's boy right now. I really am struggling to get anything done, because I have to carry you with me all the time. Teething is awful and you are clingy. However, you are growing so fast that I cherish these times. Soon I will have to go back to work, and I am really struggling with the thought of leaving you all morning. You will be in good hands though.
 
Hey Eli? You pretty much rock. Thanks for being you and for making our family complete. Love you, Little Man!
 



1 comment :

  1. awww...Eli is such a sweet little guy!
    I know going back to work is tough...just know you are an awesome super invested loving Mama :)

    ReplyDelete