- Felt pretty cute in church yesterday. I was wearing my new sweater, had finally mastered the messy topknot bun, had great makeup and was having an internal celebration for finally hitting the 50lbs lost mark. What? You didn't see me in church? Oh, that's because while I was leading the children's praise and worship, my youngest child decided to lose his mind and was sobbing uncontrollably. We took a quick vote and decided to bolt after we were done, rather than trying to entertain him in the café. You're welcome.
- As a parent, you sometimes feel like a rockstar - you've got it all together. You are organized, efficient and can handle any crisis. Sometimes, I feel like SuperMom. Then there's that humbling moment, when you realize, "Nope." I'm so grateful for my husband. I'll state that right now. Last night, I heard Gavin crying so I ran up to his room and opened the door and was hit by a wave of stench that instantly turned my stomach and had me gagging. I turned back and yelled for Chris to come help and then was torn, just a little inside. Do I go and comfort my crying child who has obviously has had an awful accident, or do I wait for Daddy to make it upstairs? Poor Gavin had experienced the ol' "cough and poop" situation. Oh relax, of course I did go in and comfort my stinky child. I didn't want to, but I did, because that's just the kind of stellar mom I am.
- My daughter FINALLY had reading books sent home today from school to practice home reading. As a literacy support person at my school, I'm super passionate about reading and teaching kids how to read and how to love reading. I've been waiting and waiting for reading books to come home so we can read (yes, we read all kinds of books at home, but this is different). Today was that day. I'm the amazing parent though who just realized that instead of reading, we played at a park and stayed out too late at a friend's house. Oops. Guess we'll read those books tomorrow.
- I've been pretty impressed with myself for packing lunches for Chelsea. Now, I'm not a crazy person, cutting her sandwiches into teddybear shapes, or making animals out of her fruit, or spelling her name out of homemade organic raisins, but I have managed to send her a lunch every day that doesn't contain little Vienna wieners. I win! I've done lots of leftovers, homemade pizza buns/roll ups, home made pigs in a blanket, wraps and quesadillas, etc. Today, she said, "Mom, can you stop making my lunch so fancy? I really just want a cheese whiz sandwich." Done, my dear Chelsea. Also here's $100 for being awesome. (Not really, but if I had money, totally.)
- Sometimes, I let my 6 year old watch the baby while I work in the kitchen. Most of the time, this works out just fine. And sometimes, this happens.
One roll of toilet paper, one rubber boot and 18 apples in the toilet. Don't worry, no pies were made from the apples in this picture. This is one busy boy - good thing he's so cute. I guess we'll keep him, even if he's screamy.
.jpg)
9.jpg)
Here's a comment for you.
ReplyDeleteLove, a crazy person who cuts her kids' sandwiches into teddy bear shapes.
And I love you for it. I think it must be super fun for the kids. It's just not my cup of tea, so I'll watch you "crazies" from the sidelines! :P
Deletelol at the homemade organic raisins! Never heard of those.
ReplyDeleteCongrats at the 50lbs lost!! That's awesome, and I'm happy to hear you are feeling confident, and cute (because you always are btw).
Confession... I totally cut Simon's sandwich into 2 dinosaur shapes today, and when he got home, he said: "My lunch was awesome today! You're the best mom ever!!" and that's why I do it. :) I told him not to expect it everyday, though. ;)
Hope Eli is less screamy and more his normal self for you all this week!
I may have exaggerated about the raisins. ;)
DeleteAww - that's so sweet. You are the best mom ever. I think it's great that all you "crazy mom's" do it. I'm just hoping I don't feel pressured to join you!
Your awesome! plain and simple! and dont stop writing your posts...how else would we know how awesome you are? fb doesnt do justice! haha
ReplyDeleteI cut Gabriella's sandwich into stars once. She came home and told me never to do that again. No problem child, no problem. I feel your pain on every level. Sick baby, sick school age kids. Mommy really doesn't want to be sick too.
ReplyDeleteWhoo Hoo! 50 lbs that's amazing! Congrats! You look great - but I always think you look great.
ReplyDeleteBoo for colds/flus etc! Hoping illness clear up soon.
Really parents cut their kids sandwiches in a design! Yikes my poor girls.....they will never have "fun" lunches - healthy yes, but not fun........oh wait for valentines I did make everything either be pink or red.....does that count?
Kim