I was tagged in another one of those "share ten things about yourself" kind of posts, but I feel like I've told so many random facts about myself that there's nothing left. When you've been blogging for almost 14 years, there's not a lot left!
1. I'm generous, almost to a fault, yet I'm a terrible gift giver. It's like my mind goes absolutely blank and I have no idea what to buy. I think it's because I always ask for practical gifts, but I'm sure not everyone gets excited about new cookie sheets or tea towels like I do.
2. I'm becoming more and more of a homebody. I'm assuming it's because I'm still adjusting to the new schedule of working and after school activities for the kids, but I've found myself having internal conversations about how I should call so-and-so to go out for tea, or have this person over or this family over for a BBQ and then this little voice starts to whisper, "or you could put on your comfy pants and curl up on the couch and watch something on tv." Ah that blissful moment of sitting on the couch, relaxing for an hour or two... Don't get me wrong - I jump at the chance to go when someone invites me, but to plan something just seems to take so much effort.
3. I despise matching socks up after they are laundered. So much so that I have already thrown out all of our socks that don't match the rest. All Chris's socks are black with grey heels, all my socks are black, all Gavin's socks are grey, etc., hoping to make this monotonous task easier but still, I usually wind up dumping a pile of socks on Chris' lap to sort and pair up. Problem solved.
4. I love anything to do with my feet, especially pedicures and foot rubs. I'm so blessed that I married my husband and he gives me a foot rub almost every night. Heaven, I tell you.
5. My favourite snack food is nachos. I dream of cheesy, gooey nachos, washed down with a diet Coke. Oooh and followed with a piece of carrot cake and cream cheese icing. Why does all the bad food taste so good?
6. I played a lot of basketball when I was in high school. In my head, I'm still that girl who can rebound with the best of them, and consistently make shots from the free throw line. In reality, I'm 15 years older, a heck of a lot slower, and pretty inconsistent with my shots - like completely miss the backboard kind of inconsistent. But hey, in my head, superstar.
7. Seeing scratches or chips in wall paint bothers me, which is ironic because usually my house is in various stages of chaos. But I can be relaxing, watching tv, getting a foot rub, and I'll just stare at the wall imperfections. Fingerprints don't bother me at all - but knowing there's missing paint drives me bananas.
8. When I'm old and eccentric, I really want to have a salt and pepper shaker collection, and possibly cookie jars. I don't know why, but I am finding it harder and harder to resist them. Cute little S&Ps?? C'mon. I want them ALL. (Note - I don't own any yet and have no plans to buy any soon, but I just know someday I'm going to.)
9. I love sandwiches -especially ham and cheese. It's funny that I work so hard to not give Chelsea a sandwich every day, yet I would love to eat one everyday. Everyone sing it with me... "Sandwiches are beautiful, sandwiches are fine..."
10. I'm terrified of big dogs. There, I said it. There's something about big dogs that ties my stomach in knots. As far as I remember, we've always had a small dog and they are fine - annoying, but fine. But big dogs? No thank you.
Well, there you have it. Another random facts post about me. Now tell me something about you!
And my hubby hates small dogs. He has his reasons though! ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd my hubby hates small dogs. He has his reasons though! ;)
ReplyDelete#10 terrified. Me too. They make me cry.
ReplyDelete