Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

m'eh.

I used to invest so much time into this blog. Now, it seems to just take a lot of work. I've let go of the pressure, but as I'm reading back over the posts from 2013, I'm sad that I didn't make it more of a priority. I love reading what I've written in the past, even if it is just boring stuff about the kids. It's amazing how fast time flies and how quickly you forget things. But then, sometimes I don't blog because I feel like it should be witty and funny and I just don't have that in me all the time.

For example, I'm re-reading my entries from earlier this year, and the general theme is "Eli is so easy. What a happy baby. Seriously, always smiling." And I'm all like... "Wha? Really??" See, the past 4 - 5 months, I would NOT describe him as easy. In fact, I'd go so far as to say, he's been the opposite. It's nice to have reminders that this stage we are in now is just a stage and not truly indicative of his personality. The poor kid has just cut all 4 molars and now is cutting four more teeth. It's painful to watch, so I do have sympathy for him. That being said, he is stinkin' adorable and we love him like crazy. My favourite thing ever is baby sign language. He signs for yes, please, more, thank you, night-night, blows kisses, and waves bubye. He says mama, dada and yuck. I'd say he signs for "up" too, but I'm not sure pinching my inner thigh is recognized as an acceptable sign. I love all his ways of communication though - it melts my heart.
(Yes, these pictures aren't the greatest of him, but combine the fact that he doesn't ever sit still and that I only use my iphone for pictures, we take what we can get!)

Okay I have a few posts on the go right now. I'm on holidays for 2 weeks and so is Chris so I am hoping to get a bit more caught up. I realize this post really has said nothing, but it is a post nonetheless and I promise I'll be back soon with more!

No comments :

Post a Comment