Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Christmas 2013

 
 Well friends, Christmas has come and gone and I survived! We kept things very low key, which was exactly what we needed this year. We didn't have many gatherings and we stayed local. The temperatures were frigidly cold which makes going anywhere a huge hassle. We did manage a trip to the mall to see Santa. Eli was not impressed.

Gavin was totally enamoured however, and would have sat all night, chatting it up with the big man in red.
Chelsea wouldn't sit on Santa's lap. I guess that ship has sailed until a few years from now when it'll be fun to see Santa again.
 
Santa visited the last skating class and again, G was star struck. I'm not going to lie, his childhood excitement was so fun this season. There is nothing like experiencing Christmas through the eyes of a four year old.
We did spend an evening decorating a gingerbread house and train, from the pre-fab kits from Superstore. I have BIG plans for gingerbread creations in the future, but for now, these will do. The kids had fun. It took everything in me not to take control and make the house decorated to my perfectionist eye.

 We had Christmas concerts. My kids are adorable. I know.  
 
 
And finally, Christmas. Chelsea begged for this pony Barbie set. Begged. For weeks. Anytime anyone asked what she wanted for Christmas, she said this set. However, she doesn't play with Barbies. We know this. We talked about this with her... and she swore up and down that she would play with this. Well, she was right. She's played with it twice.
Our house Christmas morning. So blessed. We love spending Christmas morning at home. The kids wake up, so excited and we open stockings. Then we have a wonderfully big breakfast of bacon and eggs and hashbrowns and toast and then we tackle presents. Then we play and have naps. It's glorious!


Christmas 2013. Done and enjoyed. I love spending time with my kids. I am blessed to have two weeks of work to soak up the moments with them. And now? I'm ready for summer!

No comments :

Post a Comment