...nothing really.
Okay, not true. Now that I can distance myself from the event that will always be known as "THE FIRE" there really were a few funny parts.
So, Chelsea's version of the fire was a little harder to get out of her. She really doesn't open up much about it. I think out of all the kids, it definitely hit her the hardest. However, when I finally did get her story, it made me laugh.
So, we have talked lots about fire safety and what to do in case of a fire because it is a huge fear of mine. As a parent, you often wonder how much your kids are listening and taking in during these serious discussions. Let me tell you, she takes it allllll in.
So, quick recap - when I discovered the fire, Chelsea was downstairs, getting ready for bed. After I screamed, I ran to go get the boys and on my way back down, I saw Chelsea running out of the house, ahead of me, screaming.
Later, I had heard bits and pieces, but it wasn't until Monday when I took her to school that I really took it all in. We were late for school and Chelsea's teacher had done a great job of talking to the class, and asking them not to overwhelm Chelsea with questions. However, when we walked in, kids all came up and started questioning her and in a loud voice, Chelsea stops, puts out both hands and says,
"Guys!! I was pooping!"
"I was pooping when mom yelled, 'Fire'! So I just pulled up my pants! I didn't even wipe!"
Oh my, oh my... I laughed so hard. She continued on, using great hand gestures...
"Mom always said that when there is a fire, you just GOTTA GET OUT! So I just pulled up my pants and ran!"
Yup. She wins all the awards.
Grandpa says good for her!!!!
ReplyDelete