Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

No more peeking in the windows for you!

Today I worked on a project. I am quite proud of myself. I sewed some cool curtains for Chelsea's room. I found some awesome, bright, stripey fabric at Walmart, bought it and promptly ruined it by washing it with darks. I then went back to Walmart, bought some more of this awesome, bright, stripey fabric and washed it all by its lonesome in the washing machine. Hooray for me and paying twice. Here's what I did.

I worked all evening on this. I know it looks simple, but I'm a very mathematical person. I swear I used the measuring tape more than I used my sewing machine. The tabs at the top bother me because the pattern doesn't line up, but oh well. That's something to think about next time. By the time I realized that I couldn't change it, so it'll have to work.

Plus, it's really not as simple as it looks. Because this curtain is going in Chelsea's room (it's pictured in our room but that's because Chelsea is sleeping in hers and I couldn't disturb her) I made it a black out curtain in hopes that she will sleep longer. Check it out!


I'm pretty proud of it!

3 comments :