In the bathroom...
"Chelsea, did you wipe?"
"Nope. I just pull my panties up."
"Chelsea, you have to wipe."
"It's not a big deal, Mommy."
In response to anytime you ask her "why?"...
"Because, I don't know."
Instead of all by myself, she says she'll do it, "All my by self."
When we are getting ready to leave...
"Ready, go, mommy? Ready GO!" I'm pretty sure this is because I always ask if she's ready to go. Now, I find myself asking "Ready go?"
We've recently gotten a treadmill and Chelsea goes on it if Chris or I help her. Yesterday she told me to hang on because she needed to go get her "running feet." She came back downstairs with her shoes. Too cute.
And there's always a little bit of confusion...
"I have a pinecone in my eye!" Once when we were going for a walk, Chels was playing with a pinecone and a peice broke off and went in her eye. Now whenever she gets anything in her eye, she starts to crying, saying she has a pinecone in her eye.
"I eat too much ice cream." This phrase is said anytime something is physically hard for her to do, whether it is going up and down the stairs, running, or carrying something heavy. It all started one night on a walk home from Iceburg's when we had icecream. I guess she figured that eating all that icecream made the walk home a lot harder.
"Ow! I have skin!" This is her latest. She complains about having an owie and makes a face and says, "I have skin!" I've been trying to explain what skin is, but she corrects me saying, "That's not skin - that's your ... (elbow, knee, cheek, arm... whatever)." Anyone help me out here on how to explain it?
Life is interesting.
Makes me smile ... sounds so familier... only, I live with a {now 3 year old} boy.
ReplyDeleteAnd I can't help you in the teaching her what skin is department. J just always says, "oh" even when he doesn't get it.
Best. Post. Ever.
ReplyDeleteI love hearing all the little stories about C! All my by self is so cute when she says it, too.
She's just cute...Thanks for the chuckles. Darby liked it too, he wouldn't get off my lap because he wasn't done looking at "Chetsie". Love the kitchen sink post too...that is way too funny. At least she was happy I guess?? lol
ReplyDeleteway too cute!
ReplyDeleteC you are so cute!!
ReplyDeleteThis stage of life is so cute and trying at the same time.....LOL