Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Birthday Party Extravaganza!

We started off party day with streamers and balloons hung by mommy and daddy and a great big balloon bouquet from Grandma Pat and Grandpa Jerry. We were a little confused by the "Congratulations!" balloons though. Maybe those ones were for us - "Congratulations! You survived year one."
Saturday morning, we had a little party for our playgroup friends. We had cute little cupcakes! Gavin was a little unsure of the flaming cupcake.
But, he quickly understood what needed to be done.
He didn't really enjoy opening presents at all, but his big sister sure did!
Here's a picture of Gavin on his new toy. It looks like he's holding on for dear life on a bucking bronco, but really, his little legs are just a bit too short for this one still.
And.. on to party #2. This party was a friends of the family party. We had 4 families over. 23 people in total. Thank goodness it was nice enough outside that most of the kids played outside! We made a whole whack of kabobs, pasta salad, caesar salad, veggies and dip, fruit and a cake!
If you haven't checked it out over on my cake blog, I urge you to go over there. This cake is definitely one of my top 5 favourites!
This is pretty much the only picture I have of Gavin with his cake. Chris was in charge of photos and they didn't turn out at all. That makes me really sad. They are all so washed out, but I had to put this one in anyways.
It was sooo cute watching the kids crowd around and call out which animals they wanted to eat. They all had manners except my little piggie. She ate a bumblebee and a spider before we even started to serve the cake!
Monkey, anyone? The cake was vanilla with chocolate chips and chocolate pudding. Note to self, next time, add way more chocolate chips!
And... onto party #3. This was just a simple one after church for Chris's parents and brother's family to come over. It was great to use up the leftovers from party #2. I quickly whipped up a cake on Saturday.
This time, he was an old pro at the cake eating part.
So glad we were able to take the time to celebrate Gavin this weekend. Tomorrow is his actual birthday, with mine following on Thursday. It's going to be a busy week as I start back at work bright and early tomorrow morning!

6 comments :

  1. The pictures you posted weren't bad, even the "bad" one.

    I wish I could have been there. 3 parties! Your boy must have been pooped right out.

    I think it's hilarious that C didn't wait to start eating animals off the cake.

    The bucking bronto looks cool.

    It's still hard to believe a year has passed. I'm sad that I haven't been able to get out there much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cakes!!
    That first birthday is so special.
    Happy Birthday Gavin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't get over how stinkin good that cake was!!
    Thanks again for the wonderful time spent at your house!
    Gavin looks so old now with that hair cut..........What a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great cake but an even better day spent with friends! :)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAVIN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday little dude! Sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate with you. Looks like it was a great weekend, with a lot of cake! Awesome cakes, might I add! Hope things went well today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the pictures. I am like you...where did the year go? He looks like such a little man.
    Happy birthday and lots of love, Gavin

    ReplyDelete