Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My day. Point form.

- Slept in until 7:45. G was up 3 times during the night, but Chris got up with him because I was so exhausted.
- Thanks to miracle herbs like garlic, echinacea, and cleaver's combo, I dodged the cold virus that seems to have invaded my children.
- Took C to preschool and then attempted to take Gavin to the walk in, but there were 22 people ahead of me so I left again.
- Put G down for a nap, baked 2 cakes and 20 cupcakes, made lunch, ate, got ready for work.
- Really enjoyed work today, but day one is always my favourite. I start with a prep and I don't have duty. Had kids begging for math class (instead of art!) and played a xylophone in Science class. Good times.
- Dealt with a crisis today, and I'm so thankful for my colleagues. One of my "tough" students (I say tough because really, it's grade 4) came into school after recess bawling, holding his nose. At the sight of blood, I quickly started ushering him towards the office, out of the chaos of "after-recess-hallway" and shot my co-teacher the look of "I've got this one - you take the other 24" even though it wasn't his time to teach them. Another teacher saw me with the bloody boy and ran off to get her trusty rubber gloves and met me in the office. I went to get an ice pack while she dealt with the blood and soon, we all realized this was a broken nose, not just a bloody one. Oy vey. I went and explained some instructions to her class, the sub next door came over and said she'd help supervise them and I went back to my class to see them all working hard on their math. Gosh - we are a well oiled machine, I tell you!
- Then, after work, I filled out all the necessary paperwork dealing with the above crisis and rushed off to pick up the babes from the most peaceful place on earth - otherwise known as Shirlie's house.
- Upon picking up my son, I knew that he needed to go back to the dr, but I needed to take C to dance. Superdad to the rescue. He took Gavin, an armful of snacks, and a load of patience and went and sat in urgent care for 2 hours. I went to Morden for dance, swung by A&W for Chris, swung by the clinic, dropped off the food, picked up the prescription, and then went to Shoppers to wait for it to be filled. My little man has a double ear infection - again.
- While in Shoppers, talking to the pharmacist, I realized my 3 year old was nowhere to be found. I did the cautious, "Chelsea?" then "Chelsea." A little louder. "Chelsea!" Then "CHELSEA!" and at this point was starting to speed walk up and down the aisles. I know, parent of the year here, but thankfully I found my daughter picking out new earrings. I sheepishly went back to the pharmacist who was all hoity-toity with his "I don't have any children so I can judge you" look smeared all across his face. Sigh.
- And now, I'm home. Such a busy day.

4 comments :

  1. That makes me sleepy....
    What a chaotic day for you, I at least hope you slept well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope ur little guy feels better. Ear infections can b nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. doesn't a day like that make you feel alive!!! haha! I hope you have easier ones ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete