Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

G's party

It's true. I usually go nutso for birthdays. We celebrated G's a little early this year because our birthdays are only 3 days apart. We started with some fun decorations. (I'd show pics of the outside decorations, but all the balloons had popped in the sunshine so it was just a rather sad banner with a bunch of popped balloons hanging limp in the sunshine.) And some good snacks... it was an amazing sunny day, so the party was just a "hang out in our backyard and eat kabobs" kinda party.

Gavin's cake was a replica of his much loved side-kick, "Monkey". Gavin calls him "Naa."

His reaction was perfect! I loved his smile - made the hours of piping buttercream and the hand cramps all worth it!
Giving monkey kisses.




"Two!"



"Mum. Two. Mum. Twwwwoooooooo." (seriously - these lips are killer.)

Poor, poor monkey.


The best part about any kids party, is watching the gong show of opening presents. Usually, the birthday child is uninterested, the sibling too interested, and the other kids are totally disregarding everything they've ever learned about personal space. Fantastic!!







And he's two. :) I am working on a stellar post about me turning 30. Much mocking of old photos will occur. I'm excited. :D

1 comment :

  1. Our daughter Celena is in love with monkeys and just ooo'd and ahh'd when she saw this cake.. looks like a great party!

    ReplyDelete