Chris planned it all and kept most of it secret from me. Friday, I was picked up from work by suave Alex and a limo. You know, it's not really every day that Schanzenfeld sees a limo. My students were asking if it was Justin Bieber's. Yes, that's right. Me and the Biebs are tight so I just borrow his ride every now and then. The paparazzi even managed to capture the moment!
I was dropped off at home and told I had 45 minutes to be ready. Fun! I was so excited to wear my new dress. I was ready a few minutes early so what did I do? Oh, took about 84 pictures of myself. :D This is when the perma-grin began and it only faded around 2 a.m.After a quick call to Alex, who was quick to let us know that he was waiting in the parking lot, we returned to Winkler and posed for the obligatory group photo. Crystal was putting on a brave face, saddened that our driver was done for the evening.
I was impressed when I walked into our garage. Chris did a great job. Please note the decorations - a single, gigantic balloon. Classic!
The biggest surprise by far was the cake. It's no secret that I. love. carrot cake. Love. Funk's carrot cake is pretty much my kryptonite, so I knew that there would be carrot cake involved in the celebration. What I didn't plan on was the fact that my husband, unbeknownst to me, had taken 3 days off work to turn a Funk's carrot cake into a masterpiece for me.


Sounds like a great Birthday party! Wishing you a great 30th year!
ReplyDeletesuch a blast. Thanks for letting me be a part of it. You are amazing and a wonderful friend. So so glad we could celebrate YOU in style!
ReplyDeleteoh how sweet!! I gotta say, that sounds like a pretty amazing birthday! Bravos is SO AMAZING!!
ReplyDelete