Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dear lady at Superstore with a lack of personal space,


I get that you think I'm a terrible mom because my son was screaming. I realize it might have annoyed you. I understand that you think you are some kind of baby-whisperer who can soothe all crying toddlers. I heard you all three times you told me that your son would never dream of throwing a fit in the store. I saw the looks of judgement that you cast upon me.


HOWEVER, having a stranger all up in my son's face will not get him to stop screaming. He doesn't like being sang to by random people. He wasn't calming down because of your voice.


He was learning a life lesson - that mama means it when she tells him to sit in the cart. Unfortunately, because I had to pick him up and snuggle him because he was afraid of you, reinforced his way of thinking that screaming equals getting what he wants.


Love, the "bad" mama

4 comments :

  1. LOVE this.. not that you had the bad experience but you are so right.. it's amazing to me what people think they can say or do... like seriously. Makes you want to punch them in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she said that to you, *I* always just think how much better I am than everyone else....

    Okay, seriously, WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I carry a taser to Superstore.

    ReplyDelete