I just finished parent-teacher interviews. Now, I don't usually blog about my students for confidentiality and all that jazz, but this was just too funny not to pass along.
I work on reading with a grade one student every day. On Thursday, I laid out three books - "Budgies," "Cats," and "Mice" and told the child to pick a book. He got all excited and chose "Budgies" because he had 5 budgies at home. He went on and on, talking about the budiges and their names and the colours and the tricks that they do and their cage and where their cage is in their house and how if you open the door, the budgies will fly out and on... and on... and on... Literally over 5 minutes, telling me ALL ABOUT HIS BUDGIES. Get my point? The boy liked his budgies.
So fast forward to parent-teacher interviews. I sit down and I'm telling the dad all about this child's success and I say, "So, did *Walter* tell you about his new book today? It's about budgies and he was very excited because of the budgies you have at home."
Dad - "Uh... we don't have any birds."
Me - *Blink, blink.*
"Uhh... oh. *Walter* was telling me all about them."
Dad - "Nope. No birds. We talked once about maybe getting one..." We both stare at *Walter.*
Poor *Walter* was 87 shades of red. Busted, my friend, busted because of budgies.
___
Just a warning parents - you NEVER know what stories your kids are coming up with at school!
That *walter* strikes again... ;)
ReplyDeleteI always feel like putting a sign on my Kidd forehead: 'I may overexaggerate in my stories... My parents are not that crazy.'
Hahaha. Too good. Valuable lesson...
ReplyDelete