Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

In the blink of an eye...

I know it sounds cliche, and I thought I was doing well, but it hit me that soon my baby girl will be going to Kindergarten. Now, I'm not nervous about Kindergarten, as I do work half days and I am away from her for half the day now, but do you know what comes after Kindergarten?? Grade 1. A whole day away from me. A whole day away from me that when I ask her, "So how was today? What did you do?" her answer will be "not much" or "nothing". A whole day during which I won't know what goes on. A whole day in which she'll be free to spin tales about having 5 birds as pets. That concept breaks my heart. I know she'll love school and I know she'll do well, but I want to be there.

Good thing it's a whole year away.

But wait. Wasn't it just yesterday that I laid my eyes on this sweet, innocent, beautiful baby girl?
Oh wait - this was yesterday. My big girl all grown up. My sweet, innocent, beautiful baby girl.
 I swear. I'm going to blink a few more times and it'll be her graduation.
My sweet, innocent, beautiful baby girl. Love you to bits, baby!

4 comments :

  1. See?? I'm NOT crazy! It hit me too. I was fine and then BAM! Those preschool pics got me going. :( Time flies and our girls are growing up! But we'll just have to hold onto our tears and let 'em flow while they're not looking because they don't need another reason to think we're crazy. I already know the stories will be bright and colorful from Kenna while she's in school....

    I'll meet you at the school doors when they head off to grade 1. We'll wipe each other's tears, K?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I love kindergarten every other day all day...preps me for her going to grade 1! I cant believe Grade 1 for us is in september!
    -amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a baby-flashback yesterday. I opened up a seldom-used drawer on the change table and caught a whiff of brand-new furniture and newborn diapers. It took me right back to 4 years ago when we were waiting to bring our first baby home to her new room. I cried for 2 hours and Raine thought I was nutso. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah well my daughter started kindergarten yesterday and in September she goes to university. Yikes. Now that is crazy. You guys will be just fine. And yes, she will come home and say that she was bored and they did nothing in school. You just have to assume that this is the truth:) Enjoy your time with her before that!!!

    ReplyDelete