Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring Break

I love being at home. I love my bed, the sounds in my room, how well my kids sleep, the list goes on and on... But our kids have actually never spent the night in a hotel (with the exception of Chelsea, once, when she was just over a year) so we booked a room in Winnipeg. We even splurged and got the kids theme suite that comes equipped with bunk beds. They were pumped.



Here's the view from my angle. :P Hello baby #3.

Now, the idea behind staying in Winnipeg was to enjoy the hotel pool and waterslide, which we did, and then we were going to go to the park and zoo for the day. Last week was hot and sunny, but this week was cold and rainy and miserable, so we decided to hit up the Manitoba Museum. We even managed to meet up with some friends. Okay well, we met up with one of my friends and her 3 kids, but I don't think my kids and her kids even spoke to each other. However, they did co-exist nicely!

The highlight of the museum for these three? Oh a little slanted step in front of one of the displays. They loved playing on here while we waited for Chris and Chelsea to rejoin our group.
The highlight of the Winnipeg trip for me was hitting up 2 Salvation Army stores and 2 Value Villages. I got a ton of stuff for the camper and a few summer dresses for Chelsea and some mat clothes for me. We did learn a life lesson about sleeping in hotels though. ALWAYS ask for a non-poolside room. Our kids did not go to sleep until after 10 when the pool finally closed and then were up again at 8 because we could hear the kids in the pool area screaming already.

As much as I love being at my home, the kids had fun and I survived. We might do this again someday. :P

2 comments :

  1. What a wionderful post. I love C's skirt. G looks so grown up. Lots of comments but no time right now. ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as you didnt love the poolside room....dont write it off for ever....ones the kids get older it is so nice to have them come and go as they please, get what they want when the need rather then constantly walking down the the halls...it gets better once the kids comfortably stay up so late :)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete