Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

My baby is 6!

My sweets turned six this week. From this miraculous little love...
to this mischievous girl who keeps me on my toes.
 We celebrated and celebrated and celebrated. Here is a fun little family party at Grandma's house. The co-op cake with her picture on it was a great hit!
This year, Chelsea specifically requested that I NOT make her a fancy cake. Let's do a simple recap, shall we? 

Birthday 1 - the cake that started it all. Cakes 2 and 3 were my choice, but by birthday 4, she was already telling me what to do. "No fondant, mommy. I don't like it. Lots of candy. I like candy!" By birthday five, I was told no cake, but we could make some fun cupcakes and cake pops.

Birthday #6, I'm not going to lie, was slightly heartbreaking. I totally believe in letting my girl dream and make decisions. I had amazing ideas of a theme and a huge, fantastic cake. Instead, my daughter asked for cupcakes, from a box, with icing from co-op. For her birthday party, she wanted a Barbie cake from co-op. I know I've made too big of a deal about this, but I am talented! I started making cakes because I loved doing my kids' cakes. Aw, well, I've got about 80 more birthdays for her. Maybe she'll let me decorate a few cakes for her in that time. 

So, may I present Chelsea's dream cupcakes.
 She was super pleased, so I guess it was all worth it!
 Oh, and of course, there were cookie dough cupcakes, dipped in white chocolate and rolled in sugar - Chelsea's favourite!
Gavin really likes them too. ;)
For the main birthday party, Chelsea wanted to go to the paint your own pottery studio, know as Clay Owl. Chelsea loves it here. So she carefully chose 8 friends, and we planned all the details, together.  Here it is, a neon icing, Barbie toy cake from Co-op. Please note, it cost $30! Ah, the things I do to please my girl. 
Chelsea's decorations she chose, and a glimpse of the rice krispie treats that we made too.
 We also had the famous Miss Jolene come and do facepainting. So so beautiful!

 Busy, busy painting our creatures!
 All of the girls, except for one, chose Chelsea's rainbow butterfly design. So cute!

Birthday party week was exhausting, but so worth it. Celebrating my baby girl and making her feel so special. We decorated our house and celebrated her to the max. She is my ray of sunshine. Love her to bits. Oh, and of course Mario made an appearance at the party too. ;)

I know I go overboard on birthdays, but I just can't help it. They are my favourite holidays - more so than Christmas even. There is just something so special about taking time to fully celebrate someone. Happy birthday, my sweet C. Love you!

1 comment :

  1. I can't believe she is 6! She is such a beautiful girl. I can't believe this means we've known each other for 5 1/2 years give or take a month or two....crazy! Lucky to have great friends in our lives and look forward to watching C (and G and E) grow.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete